Raptor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out riding today and was hitting some decent size jumps. I jumped this double out by my house and all of a sudden... BAM... I go falling off the right side of the quad and tumble. I couldnt believe it, I landed perfect and everything. Then I go look at my quad and notice the 2 bolts that hold the foot peg in place had snapped right off. Those things are huge too! I cant believe a few small jumps could snap them. I broke my plastic guard too, bent the brake spring and of course skuffed myself up a little bit. Kind of shitty imo so I wanted to warn everyone to keep an eye on theirs. This could of been much worse, I could of easily broke my leg or something instead of scuffing it and racking my nuts. :eek:

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
Glad your alright.. I got AC nerfs,I've took some hard landings, may be something to look into as they spread your weight from those peg bolts to the front of the frame as well

·
Registered
519 Posts
long as your alright that the main thing dude.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Glad your ok, I've never heard of those breaking like that before....Your lucky too have not been seriously hurt... :confused:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Good call out! Thanks 8)

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Glad you are all right. That is one of the last things I would think of breaking. Hope it is a easy fix so you can get back out riding.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Maybe nerfs would have saved all the stress on the peg. Glad your ok.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know, these bolts are like 3 inches long and at least a 1/2 inch thick or more. I was totally suprised that they snapped like that. And Im a skinny ass too. :crazy:

I think I may look into some Nerf bars with built in pegs when I get my tax money in. I know they are there to protect you I just never really liked the looks of them but I guess safety should come first cuase my nuts still hurt.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I always wondered about that.. The bike says its rated for 220 pounds and i am 240.. So maybe i should beef mine up a little....

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Damn, I right at 220. I didn't even know about the weight ratings :3question:

·
Registered
314 Posts
heres a thought..try replacing the stock bolts with grade 8 ones. you can pick them up at any hardware store. grade8 are ALOT stronger than typical bolts. im going to look at mine tomorrow morning and see what is in it, im pretty sure they are only grade 5.

but yeah, glad your ok, i never would have given that a second thought. ill be swaping out ASAP.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
bxofrox said:
I always wondered about that.. The bike says its rated for 220 pounds and i am 240.. So maybe i should beef mine up a little....
Yep. There's a reason for weight ratings.
Us bigguns (I'm 265) need to use a higher grade of bolt.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.