Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought maybe It had some bad gas in it so I ran it all out and then put some Klots race gas in it (118 octane). It runs great with this gas but it still cuts out after WOT. It doesnt matter what gear im in when I hit WOT...and after I left off it still cuts in and out for a short time....I had someone look at the map im running and he said it looks fine...so im not sure what exactly I need to be looking at to try and fix this....when I first got this bike and put all the mods on it which was about 5 months ago it never had this problem....so it is a recent development....any suggestions??

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
race gas left over from the drag strip the other weekend...wanted to see how it ran in my raptor...it runs like a beast! and I wanted to see if I could clean out my bike from having that shitty gas in it

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
951 Posts
Try a new spark plug. I have seen them foul and cause this problem. Either way it is cheap and easy to change. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I would check the basics... Plug and air filter. Keep in mind that mapping is never exactly the same for any 2 bikes. While someone looking at your map can ensure you are in the ballpark for your mods a tuning session or even diagnose session on a dyno is always recommended. Even if a bike runs great around the lot with the map installed in it many small deficiencies that can be seen on a dyno with an exhaust gas analyzer. Have you inspected your valve clearances again since installing the HC3?

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I believe that the map is fairly close with my auto tune running all the time when I ride. I havent accepted any trims in a few rides I might need to go in and accept them and see if that changes anything. I will replace the spark plug and see if the filter is dirty...ill try and do that tonight after work

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well filter is fine and spark plug has been replaced and still cutting out after WOT. This really has be a bit confused....it could only be so many things right?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Makes me wonder if you have a Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) going bad. You can hook a volt meter to the center wire with everything still hooked up and key on (engine not running) you should get a nice even voltage increase as you move the throttle from idle to full. I'd pay close attention to what the readings do as you slowly move back down from WOT. I believe the readings will be from approx .68-.72 idle to 4.85 or so at WOT.

Just a thought since noting else is working out.

Also, maybe try removing the Dyna and seeing how it runs with the stock ign? It's been known to happen....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts