Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of a sudden my Raptor just won't select neutral. When i click up from 1st it just jumps straight into 2nd. Does sopmething need adjusting or could it be a more serious problem?

Many thanks in advance,
Dominic

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have the same problem sometimes, or once its in neutral i struggle to go to first or second and you basically have to slip the clutch to move between them.
I am thinking that the only thing to adjust is the clutch cable. Either that or a new clutch is on the cards. Maybe i am wron.
I looked in the service manual and the say that the clutch free play should be between 5 - 10mm at the clutch lever end. It's worth a try to adjust it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Flynbyu said:
Does it have any effect if the bike is warm or cold?

~Brian
Hi Brian

No, the temperature doesn't seem to have any effect. The problem is always there, hot or cold, and regardless of wether the engine is running or not.

I'm in the uk so its late here, i will fiddle around with the clutch play in the morning as a couple of people have suggested (thanks guys!) and will report back tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone for the help so far!

Dominic

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
With the crappy stock linkeage, it's very difficult to get an accurate shift. It always took me a while to get my rappy into neutral. Now I have a pro-design direct shifter and have NO problem whatsoever selecting neutral. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
350 Posts
pewterpecker said:
With the crappy stock linkeage, it's very difficult to get an accurate shift. It always took me a while to get my rappy into neutral. Now I have a pro-design direct shifter and have NO problem whatsoever selecting neutral. :thumbsup:
I gotta get one of those.... I found neutral on accident not once...but twice! Couldnt find 2nd gear in a wheelie for some reason :banghead:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to everyone for their help!

A simple clutch adjustment (as suggested by several of you) was all that was needed to fix the problem!

Thanks again,

Dominic

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.