Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One more month and I will have a 700 SE. I can barely stand the anticipation.

I have one question though...

At a local dealership the head mechanic said it is really bad for the quad if you remove the baffles WITH the EFI controller and air filter. Said it causes a swirling effect in the muffler.

Is this at all true??

·
Registered
405 Posts
DirtSoldier09 said:
One more month and I will have a 700 SE. I can barely stand the anticipation.

I have one question though...

At a local dealership the head mechanic said it is really bad for the quad if you remove the baffles WITH the EFI controller and air filter. Said it causes a swirling effect in the muffler.

Is this at all true??
Ok I dont know if I'm just retarded, but I still dont know what a baffle is. Is it the samething as a spark arrestor?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The spark arrestor is usually on the baffle. The spark arrestor is the mesh or screening however u want to say it... I kept mine in when i took the baffles out of my bike kuz i dont want to burn the woods down and all.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Translation:
"It would be really bad for you to do this because you get most of the effect of a slip-on without a pile of cash swirling from your wallet and into our cash register." :liar:

·
Registered
202 Posts
i run mine without the arrestor and have never had a problem, granted i cant find the screw to put it back in. but i dont see whats wrong with not having one

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He said it had to do sumthing with the design of it in side. And I would buy a slip on after a couple months or maybe even a full system.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've had two Raptors, a 2001 660 and now a 2006 700. I have ridden these bikes for thousands of miles (5000+) with the entire spark arrestor assembly removed on both and have never has any issues. I think that the "head" mechanic had his head up his backsides :grin_nod: :grin_nod: :grin_nod:.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts