Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so here's the deal. Went riding Sunday rode for probably 1.5 HRS with the quad running fine, and all of a sudden it started cutting out. It wont idle and all the way through the rpms it cuts out. I came home and cleaned the intake filter and the crankcase filter and it still did the same thing. Bad spark plug? I didnt totally trace any wire down but didnt see any apparent wires wore down. ANY MORE IDEAS TO EXPLORE? I have not pulled the plug. Its stock of an 08.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
check the powercommander and dynatek T-taps where they connect , it is very common for the t tap to vibrate and cut thru the wire back to the ecu

·
Registered
64 Posts
I would check the plug to be safe. Done that to me before and then I felt dumb when I spent time looking for a problem and it was the plug lmao

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow it has been 2 months and I am now just getting to fixing my quad! Thanks for all your input guys. I tore the quad apart tonight and yes, the t tap on the tps and power commander have wore threw the wires. So there was no connection from the ecu and power commander to the tps. No wonder it wouldnt idle or run! lol.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Danniel knows his S_ _T, make no mistake about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts