Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine that is a bike mechanic suggested using the choke as a way to determine if I need to go rich or lean on my jets...(If a little choke makes it run better than go richer) Seemed simple enough so while trying this out I realized my choke was having no effect one way or the other. I pulled the choke out of the carb and the o-ring on the plunger was too large causing it to stick making my tuning efforts all weekend VERY frustrating.

I sorted that out and went back to 155L 160R #25 Pilots Screws 2 1/2 out with Vito's Needles on 4th clip from top and its smooth as silk...Thanks for all your help...I love this forum!!!

Live and Learn...I learned how to take carbs off very fast and to check the F...ing choke before re-jetting 20 times...lol

·
Master of the Electron
15,059 Posts
BINGO! Such a pain to go through all that and find out that it's moot because the damn choke is stuck! (ask me how I know)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do you know lol...I should have listened to a friend yesterday that said my choke wasn't acting right. I was just too focused on jets!!!

·
Master of the Electron
15,059 Posts
Cause I spent my whole first season trying different jets, pilots and needle positions, to no avail, till I finally figured out the damn choke was stuck... so long, long ago, lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts