Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek:

I finally got my quad. I got a '07 Raptor 700 SE.

I'm so excited ... Is there anything i need to do special. or any do's or don't's?

I need to know about the break in period.

-Zach

·
Registered
178 Posts
Congrats!

(Now, gimme yer shocks)

OK, break-in...much controversy over this process, but here's how I am going to handle mine (new '07 STD, 0 hours total)

Lube all zirks with something decent grease-wise.
Plenty of heat up and cool down cycles.
Run thru the gears, but no high revs or hard acceleration.
Vary the RPM's often.
Change the oil at 3-5, then at 20 hours.
Run dino oil for the first 40 hours, then switch to synthetic.
During the first 10/20 hours, check torque on bolts, etc.
Adjust/tension/lube chain.
Smile a lot.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Air-warrior04 said:
:eek:

I finally got my quad. I got a '07 Raptor 700 SE.

I'm so excited ... Is there anything i need to do special. or any do's or don't's?

I need to know about the break in period.

-Zach

You can start by posting a pic..... :grin_nod:

Congrats on your ride, I got mine last week and know exactly how you feel..... :thumbsup: Pretty kool ain't it ?? 8)

I'm going to break mine in according to the manual, then mod the hell out of it, and thrash it !!!!!! :confused:

·
Registered
584 Posts
I dont see how you guys can actually break these things in easy. Everything quad or sportbike wise ive ever had I took it as easy as I could but that always went out the door. Id end up running the hell out of it. If its gonna break I want it to in the warranty period which as you know isnt long(6 months).

·
Registered
120 Posts
i rode mine harder than a cheap ..... :grin_nod: Runs great and no ill effects. This is a very controversal subject though. It was just hard to keep off the gas and feel the power! If anything don't run it at the same throtle position for extended periods of time. Use the engine to slow you down as well. Make the motor work during this time. It has been stated that the engine tollerances are so tight now that you can run it like you want right away. But anywho...good luck on a great bike.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Gongrats! :thumbsup:

I got mine a week ago last Friday. I've only had a chance to ride it once but it was about an 8 hour ride. I rode it pretty much like I normally would but tried to take it easy one possible. I have not read the manual yet so I'm not sure what to do other than what I've read here. I like phuzz's advice so I think I'll try that. Good luck and post a pic soon.

GT R DRTY ! ! :grin_nod:

·
Registered
824 Posts
congrats, i just got my 07 SE about 2-3 weeks ago

i put on 8hrs the 1st day i rode it, i didnt baby it but i didnt max it out. like i didnt go all out on the gears, when i brought it for the 10hr tune up, the only main thing was that the drive chain was pretty loose (guessing thats normal for being new?

other then that, its ran great

·
Registered
273 Posts
I rode mine pretty hard to keep up with the guys around me. That was August of 06. I have'nt had any problems. You might wanna check your chain tension though, mine was really loose when I got it.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
mammer it, shift, hammer it, shift,hammer it, shift, and hammer it some more. it'll fly if you let it :grin_nod: :grin_nod: :grin_nod: :grin_nod: :grin_nod:

·
Registered
148 Posts
I just got my vavles and chit done at 15hrs last saturday. I kinda took it easy and ran the hell out of it in bursts. My mechanic said exhaust valve #2 was a little off but still in tolerances. He also said my motor didnt look like I was running it at all. I did a fair share of drag runs before I took it in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts