Raptor Forum banner

I found another problem...

905 views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  willykiller 
#1 ·
Alright, SOOOOO I'm burning oil at a pretty good rate, Ive burned a little under a quart in 6 days, not riding long at all I'm blowing a Blueish smoke and that tells me its the oil and I also smell oil being burned. At about 1/2 throttle on it blows smoke, mostly lite but sometimes heavy. Could I need new piston rings? maybe valve adjustment? or possibly an entire turn up?

#3 ·
Leakdown test? what is that?

#4 ·
Its performed like a compression test, however you are pumping air into the cylinder through the sparkplug location to a specific pressure. Then listen and wait. If you hear air comming out of case vent (bad rings) if coming out of head vent (bad valve seals/ guides) check utube or the net for procedure. Cheap and easy test. Good luck.

#5 ·
I dont have the time or proper tools. and I honestly dont trust myself

#6 ·
Hard to diagnose if you can't do any diagnostics, and the alternatives aren't cheap. You can take it to someone who has the tools and the knowledge to do the job or just start throwing parts at it until the problem goes away.

#7 ·
Drive around town and pull into the oldest, crappiest garrage you can find. Ther should be some old timer in the back smoking sigs with a beer belly. Thats the machanic that will help you. Or, open your wallet and take it to a stealership. Or, get off your ass and teach yourself something. A old man can figure this out. So can you. A Clymer manuel has some info on procedure. Good luck.

#8 ·
I know a guy who might be able to hook me up. but from what I posted, any guesses?

#10 ·
thats what i was leaning toward

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.