Raptor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Speed's Best Friend
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I brought my quad to EHS Racing today. My trail ready quad is really heavy and seemed a little sluggish. I have seriously been contemplating doing some motor work, but figured I should get a decent tune first. I had a pretty good map to begin with, but Erik was able to find a little more, especially up top. I have a stock motor, +3 TB, PC-V, dynateck, Velocity filter and DMCs. Heres the chart

·
Registered
227 Posts
I brought my quad to EHS Racing today. My trail ready quad is really heavy and seemed a little sluggish. I have seriously been contemplating doing some motor work, but figured I should get a decent tune first. I had a pretty good map to begin with, but Erik was able to find a little more, especially up top. I have a stock motor, +3 TB, PC-V, dynateck, Velocity filter and DMCs. Heres the chart

how does it feel.. i bet you wanted 50whp right? with the ignition and +3TB i was hoping you got it too.. cause thats what i plan on doing next

·
Speed's Best Friend
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I havent had a chance to ride it yet. But Honestly, I didnt have any HP expectations or desires. I have my quad geared up to stay in 3rd and 4th longer, so I was hoping for some more bottom end. I would like to be able to gas the front end up a little easier. Unfortunately I dont think i got it. I think i picked up a lot of power in the higher RPM range. Im not concerned with the numbers, but the ride will tell. We did talk about a mild trail build if this dosent do it for me.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I havent had a chance to ride it yet. But Honestly, I didnt have any HP expectations or desires. I have my quad geared up to stay in 3rd and 4th longer, so I was hoping for some more bottom end. I would like to be able to gas the front end up a little easier. Unfortunately I dont think i got it. I think i picked up a lot of power in the higher RPM range. Im not concerned with the numbers, but the ride will tell. We did talk about a mild trail build if this dosent do it for me.

when i get traction mine is pretty easy to gas up 1-3rd and can be done in forth over bumps and shit... i have stock gearing are you running a larger front sprocket

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
EHS some cool guys they giving away a prize at the CAW raptor rally so cone on out Eric even said they may bring a couple of there drag quads for us to watch em run.

·
Speed's Best Friend
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, a larger rear. Everything you add is heavier than stock, the weight gets up there pretty quick.

·
Speed's Best Friend
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
EHS some cool guys they giving away a prize at the CAW raptor rally so cone on out Eric even said they may bring a couple of there drag quads for us to watch em run.
Yeah, I was impressed. Erik, the owner was very honest and knolegable. Hes working on some new inovative products. Im sure I will be back.

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Eric's dyno is stingy and does not give big numbers very easy....so it seems like you are in the ball park to me, and you are right eric is a great guy to deal with.

·
*Woo Woo!*
621 Posts
Im guessing the blue is when you came in and red after tuning? If so you definately got yours money worth out of that tune! Bet it runs way better

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Ok I got ya Dale

·
Speed's Best Friend
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How much did it cost?
How many runs?
I made 2 maps for 2 different timing curves, so it cost $220. I could have gotten away with $160 for 1. For the 2 maps, He must have done 30 runs, or 10 with 3 different files, 1/4, 1/2 and WOT.

Are you interested in going to Brushy MT next week? Still going thurs and fri.

·
Speed's Best Friend
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks, I got to ride it for the 1st time since the dyno yesturday. There was a noticable difference, especcially up top.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
See people a nice tune is well worth it over a pre loaded base map or someone elses base map with same mods.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts