Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rode Horsefall, Spinreel, Bull Run, Winchester, over the 3 day weekend and it was awesome. My first time with a quad….nicer than a bike, which I did about 10 years ago. Takes allot of fuel out in the sand though.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow something happend to the thread.....

Yes we had a blast

Randy, I now truly understand where the hardcore duner is comming from. I see the need for great amounts of HP. I climbed every hill we could find at Winchester just fine but its a whole differant ball game than I'm used to.... Respect to the hardcore duner

PS.Banshee hill is puss....there are way steeper and longer hills out in the park.....two that I remember..do they have names?

·
Registered
219 Posts
oli700 said:
PS.Banshee hill is puss....there are way steeper and longer hills out in the park.....two that I remember..do they have names?
Banshee Hill is pretty lame now. It's flattened out over the years and gotten a bit wider from the sand flowing downhill and to the sides. Luckilly there are a few side routes that make it a bit more interesting.

There is one big bowl out there called Colliseum...it's one of the taller/steeper hills at Winchester. My favorite hill is the tree trail that runs up the steep hill alongside the lake. It's a very long/steep tree shot that you can take off to the right from and sidehill up above the lake. That's always fun to play on.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well Hard core duner, whish that u'll not break your neck :grin_nod:

·
Registered
623 Posts
any chance you got a wider shot of banshee hill or the steeper hills?

ive never seen any clear shots of how steep winchester/semi-local dunes are. ive only ridden sand lake, nothing really comparible there interms of steepness i dont think :crazy:

looks like a blast though :thumbsup:

·
Registered
579 Posts
I want to go soooo bad! Can someone tell me the best time of the year (Good weather and small crowds) to visit the area? My buddy and I keep talking about going. It WILL happen! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Dont like them too much.."atlas" and his little pot smokin hippy tree hugger friends will find a rare spider or ant in your riding area and close it down too :mad:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
HAHA....I always am in awe...and love your pictures!

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
oli700 said:
Wow something happend to the thread.....

Yes we had a blast

Randy, I now truly understand where the hardcore duner is comming from. I see the need for great amounts of HP. I climbed every hill we could find at Winchester just fine but its a whole differant ball game than I'm used to.... Respect to the hardcore duner

My post is gone :3question:

Banshee hill aint what it used to be that's for sure, we call it blaster hill now ;)

Winchester is my favorite for the tree shots and hill climbs as well as the big drag hill out toward the boundry on the south end, we call that one Superman. I'm not sure of any of the names of the others.

I'm glad you got the chance to ride it, lots of fun, now you need to check out Coos bay from horsefall to spinreel and Florence as well from driftwood campground. You'll get addicited and need to go back for more :thumbsup:

Have fun 8)

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
oli700 said:
We did all of Coos....I think our next trip will be Florence.

I see that now, you need to try to find the pond shots at Florence when your there, there lots of fun 8) Man, after seeing those pictures I need a sand fix bad :crazy:
Can't wait till Glamis in mid Jan :grin_nod:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.