Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
damn dude, that really sucks. There should be something for the guys who were sponsors before the site got sold, keep the prices where they were. This is a perfect way to drive people away from a good site, new owners just see $$$ instead of the community of great people.

PM me the "new site", I definitely want to be able to get ahold of you guys still when I want to get the rest of my fenders done.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
before we know it we will have to pay to sign up on the site

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
so did you guys have any type of contract in place with the previous owner, or was it just like the VIP membership where you pay per month/year and thats it? I know new business owners dont have to honor any contracts that the old company had in place, but it is horrible business practices and will definitely drive people away....if they screw you over, I would make it well known to the whole membership.

·
Registered
7,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not really a contract. there was pretty much a set price for it all.. i think it was like $300/year 30/month or something to that effect. we haven't made a dime here basically just to hook up the RF guys... made a little bit from other sites but nothing to quit our dayjobs. this is a hobby of ours.. it'd be nice if it builds up so we can do it full time.. i know that's a goal of mine personally.... but there's no way i'm shelling out that kind of $ to have two logos and a section. the logos get drowned out by the dozens of other BS ads on this site now too. i'm a site supporter on a few truck/car sites and those sites are a lot bigger than this one and the cost is a fraction.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
yea it just isnt worth it.. Even with the old pricing if me and brandon make 100 bucks.. and that is IF we make 100 off a full set of plastics that is 50 each for us.Not even a tank of gas. If we give 30 to the site and we have 35 each now. The hood and tank topper deals we might make 20 - 35 bucks off of. We just dont sell stuff like the performance guys to keep up with dues and all. If we charged 800 for a paint job we could do it but im not gonna pay that for a paint job on a quad and we wouldnt expect you guys too either. Poundsand knows how much he had in materials in his cause he bought all of it and sent it to us. Its more than ppl think. Some ppl will say aw just put some adhesive promoter on it and spray a base and clear.. shouldnt be anymore than 100 bucks.. Yea right. Im not letting anything go from here like that and brandon isnt either. We have a system that we are using that requires quite a few things to prep plastics and prime them then you have to get everything else. If we had a body shop and got to use paint left over from other jobs that would be great but we arent in that situation.

You guys know how to get in touch with us and you know who we are on here. The website is still the same and the email is too.. Hit us up .. thanks nick www.bandndesigns.com

·
Just a 78HP trail bike
2,426 Posts
So much for grandfather rights........................oh well. Pretty sure that we all know that you paint, and will continue to call you for all our painting needs.

·
Just a 78HP trail bike
2,426 Posts
nevermind

1 - 20 of 24 Posts