Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recenty installed the LTE Duals, Prodesign kit w/ K&N, and the PCIII and this thing should be hauling ass but its not :mad: :mad:.. my buddys stock 700 was beating me today, from 1st gear start, 2nd gear start, roll.. it was as if i LOST power because i was always beating him before when i was stock. Im using a custom dynoed map that raptor randy sent me and it seems to be running good.. I dont think theres any exhaust leaks although im not exactly sure how to check that.. If anyone has any ideas that would be great.. this thing should be flying!

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
What kind of surface are you racing on? Are you spinning your wheels whle he's putting the power to the ground?

Somethings not right, I have yet to be outrun by a stock or bolt on 700R on mine.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We raced in two different areas, on dirt and then on the street.. beat me both times.. i beat him one time, by like half a quad length.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im really not sure what it could be.. Do you think that if the TPS sensor doesnt have a really good connection that this could be the reason? I used a butt connector instead of the wiretap for the pcIII and the tps sensor.. the bike starts, idles fine, seems to run find except its not performing.. :3question:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Man thats messed up. We have two 700's and mine that is modded is WAAAYYY faster then the stocker! I put several lengths on it.
One thing is though, the stocker is not spinning near as much.....doesnt have near the power. I put a 15 tooth front sprocket on mine to help that out. Before it would pull like a freight train in 4th and 5th. It would spin 1st-3rd and not feel too much faster than stock (in gravel). On pavement with max traction it was always indeed faster, but even then I was spinning.
NOW, with the 15 tooth it pulls like a freight train in all the gears. In gravel 1st still spins, but 2nd hooks and GO'S!!!! I highly recomend the 15! Made a huge difference. Now I can actually feel a BIG difference from stock to how mine is now!
Still running stock tires??? That could be a HUGE problem!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Definitly somethings wrong.These quads are absolute beasts when uncorked.My quess would be if its not leaking or anything it has to be the mapp.Its missing something.Have you tried any other maps yet or messed with the settings?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Yeah, I agree somethings not right. I raced a stocker with his baffle removed and I would blow by him on top end. Thats with us on sand with him on paddles and me on worn out stockers.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Its actually kind of refreshing to hear about this cause I have the same problem. Well guess what..I used a butt connector for my PC3 too. If you find something that works let me know. I have full HMF, pro design k/n, PC3. Never felt like the bike was fast. I hit 77 mph with a vapor and the speed sensor unplugged on asphault.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I had the same problem.. slip on.. air box lid removed ... pcIII and slower than stock... pissed me off.. I tried a diff map and its a little better.. but im not MUCH faster than a stock 700 :(

·
Registered
44 Posts
First time poster, long time reader. I am having the same problem. Went to the dune yesterday and the bike was climbing the hills in 2nd gear just like when it was stock. When I first did the mods it was climbing in 3rd gear. The only thing I changed about the setup is the fuel pump mod from PCIII. Coud this be everybodies problem.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
promethius said:
Definitly somethings wrong.These quads are absolute beasts when uncorked.My quess would be if its not leaking or anything it has to be the mapp.Its missing something.Have you tried any other maps yet or messed with the settings?

I'd be very suprised if it was the map, if he's still running the one I sent him. To date everyone who's run it has experienced nothing but good performance in fact that map is running on another 700R thats internally modded and making alot more HP than my bolt on bike. Something else is amiss.

GcSChi22, send me your email address and I'll re send you the map file just in case it got corrupted.
Make sure you get the map succesfully loaded msg. after you send the map to the PCIII USB

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I tried loading the map that fuel moto sent me once, and right when i turned the bike on it was running extremly rich, white smoke coming out the exhaust, so i switched back to randys map and there was no smoke plug looked a little dark but not toooo bad. Im using holeshot xcr tires.. front and rear. I never checked for exhaust leaks because im not exactly sure how to?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Fire up the bike, fire up a stoagie and blow the smoke on the connections. Basically you're looking for air movement telling you that all the exhaust isn't making it to the tailpipe.... bad gasket, bad slip connection...

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
GcSChi22 said:
I tried loading the map that fuel moto sent me once, and right when i turned the bike on it was running extremly rich, white smoke coming out the exhaust, so i switched back to randys map and there was no smoke plug looked a little dark but not toooo bad. Im using holeshot xcr tires.. front and rear. I never checked for exhaust leaks because im not exactly sure how to?

White smoke is not rich, black smoke denotes rich or blue means it washed the rings down. White is usually burning condensation out of the exhaust or worst case a leaking head gasket. Does it blow any coolant out of the recovery tank or smell like coolant at the exhaust?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hmm ok, the exhaust does have a kind of wierd smell, but i never noticed any coolant blowing out.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
GcSChi22 said:
hmm ok, the exhaust does have a kind of wierd smell, but i never noticed any coolant blowing out.

Ok, load the new map file I sent you and check the other things I mentiomed in the PM if you find nothing and the bike doesn't run any better with the new map file then you need to do a compression check. Also check your valve adjustment. We need to rule out any Mech problems.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
im going to get my valves adjusted on wednesday at the dealer.. that could be a part of the problem also.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This really sucks though.. its pretty much a waste of money. hopefully i can figure something out.. if anyone has any idea of what it could be that would help out. Thanks.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I asked DynoJet for some help and this is what they replied back with:

Have the guy hit GET MAP when he first connects to the unit. This should retrieve the map out of the PCIII and show him the notes associated with it. If the notes are for his setup then he is loading the map correctly. Also if the TPS is not connected correctly it will run as if the PCIII was not installed at all so make sure he has variable voltage down the GREY line. If for some reason the PCIII is faulty the fact that he cut the TPS connection does NOT void his warranty.

Good Luck!!!

:thumbsup:

Mr.C

·
Registered
343 Posts
My valves were very tight after the break in and I experinced a similar performance loss, it was like as if it slowed down. After the valve adjustment, it returned back to normal. Let us know what happens after the dealer visit.

Peace.
Mr. C

1 - 20 of 35 Posts