Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I odered a chassis skid plate from Pro armor and it came in. Well when I went to install I took the old one off, then start putting the bolts in to hold the new one in place. On one of the holes to put the bolt in; I gues it was messed up and it was making the bolt go in at a slight angle. :mad: Then I also order a skid plate from there and I was looking at the old one to see if I would have any problem with it. GUESS WHAT!! I'm guessing when the maintenance guys from the dealership was putting this thing together, they broke the head off of one of the bolts for the swingarm. Another :mad: Does anyone have any suggestion on how to fix these problems that i'm am having? Any help will be appreciated

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Depending on how long you've had it, I'd take it back to the dealer and tell them to fix it. Or, you might have to take a drill or dremel and elongate the whole so it won't go in at an angle.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RaptorFreeeek said:
Depending on how long you've had it, I'd take it back to the dealer and tell them to fix it. Or, you might have to take a drill or dremel and elongate the whole so it won't go in at an angle.
I got the bike on Jan. 11

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Drill the hole out bigger and tap new theads. If the bolt is broke off in the hole, then drill a hole in the bolt and get an "easy out" from an auto parts store. ez outs are like a reverse spiral looking dealy that you turn and it grabs the hole in the bolt and turns it out. If the bolt isn't still in there then just drill and tap a new "straight hole" and get a new bolt :). Second thing you might wanna do is find an honest mechanic that when he F's something up he fixes it :confused:and then tells you how/what/why he did :thumbsup:, and doesn't charge you more labor for the time he took to fix it.
Personally I'd bring it back and ask him if he could fix it, for free of course. Could be an honest booboo, but I'd think a qualified mechanic would know he was stripping a bolt as soon as he did it. :crazy:

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all your input guys. However I went to the store and got a EZ out and a right drill and a tap. Well when I went to start to drill on that broken bolt the bolt started moving with the drill. :grin_nod: So, I got a small flat head and just worked its way out. Then that hole that was cross threaded the tap worked perfectly. So I really lucked out. Thanks for your guys help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts