·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good news: I got a new quad today

Bad news: I lied, there is none.

I got a 525.

I know this is a Raptor forum and I hope you guys will still let me post :(

The 525 hauls ass! I don't know how much ass it hauls compared to the 700 but damn it HAULS ASS and pulls hard all the way thru every gear.

The handling is A-W-E-S-O-M-E. It goes were I want it to. It's just awesome.

I got the 525 because it was a lot convenient for me because my dad's friend is good friends with Bob Paulson and we got a discount on it. They JUST got one in and we took it right off their hands.

Now go ahead, make fun of me and say I'll be repairing it in a month. It's cool, but remember, we're all quad riders! We's a family!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I got the raptor becuase I like to slide the backend around through turns. Also has more potential with larger motor. If I had not gotten a rappy, I would have gone with a KTM!

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
LOL, Don't worry Jeremy you're still welcome in my book. 8)

Congrats on the new machine, sounds like it's a lot of fun. I'll be looking forward to your posts about the machine, and of course pictures. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
596 Posts
YEAH DEF DUDE. EVEN THOUGH YOUR A MICROSOFT/POLARIS GUY ITS ALL GOOD. GOOD LUCK WITH THE NEW TOY.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
upsguy said:
YEAH DEF DUDE. EVEN THOUGH YOUR A MICROSOFT/POLARIS GUY ITS ALL GOOD. GOOD LUCK WITH THE NEW TOY.
Haha >_>

Yeah, I'll post pictures tomorrow for you guys if want to see it. I can understand if ya don't. Lol.

A question for you guys if you don't mind..

If I take my airbox lid off, will I be alright?

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Congratulations :thumbsup: Lets us know everything about it both good and any bad if it ever comes up.

I want to find someone around me so I can take a ride on one, this summer I'll be in the market for an additional quad in my stable, it's looking like it's between the 525 or the new Kawasaki 450 but I want to ride the 525 and see what I think of the IRS.

·
Registered
173 Posts
You can get alot of info on the Outlaw at predatorowners.com . Sold my pred to buy my raptor, but I still check in at the predatorowners quite a bit. Its good group of people with alot of good info. I beleive all the Outlaws are having a problem with rocks getting caught between the rear wheels and rear hubs, actually wearing thru the rims and causing flats. Something to keep an eye on.

·
Registered
206 Posts
spawn101 said:
You can get alot of info on the Outlaw at predatorowners.com . Sold my pred to buy my raptor, but I still check in at the predatorowners quite a bit. Its good group of people with alot of good info. I beleive all the Outlaws are having a problem with rocks getting caught between the rear wheels and rear hubs, actually wearing thru the rims and causing flats. Something to keep an eye on.
IMO you will find more info from predatorowners.com :thumbsup: not saying the members on this site don't know what they are doing, but it is a YAMAHA Raptor site and all ;) Welcome to the forum though :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Tell us what its got!!
Were biased, sure but interested all the same :)

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What do you want to know?

I took it to an MX track (Posted pictures) it was my first time ever at a track and it was rutted and muddy as hell! That was only the sand track! I went to the main track and it was even worse, it was a clay track and wow, that shit is heavy. I got clay ALL over so when i went back to the sand track I landed wrong on a tables top and took a tumble off the quad! That clay is slippery and was very hard to hold onto the bars, plus my inexperience and such... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
So stuff goes wrong!
If you aint falling off from time to time you aint tryin!
Would it have been worse on something else??
What else have you ridden? What are you able to compare it to?

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Have you got friends with rappys or 450's to ride with/against??
Are you mainly trail riding?
Dunes/sand?
Or you going to race?

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
dragonz said:
Have you got friends with rappys or 450's to ride with/against??
Are you mainly trail riding?
Dunes/sand?
Or you going to race?
1) Nope, wish I did. I've never ridden either. Only sat on em.
2) Yeah, I'm mainly a trail rider. But the track was a effing blast!
3) Never been to the dunes, I've ridden on beach type sand, I guess you could say. We plan on going to the dunes soon, though.
4) I'd like to try a race. But I've never been in an actual race.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.