Raptor Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 07 700 with K&N intake LTE dual and a LTE programer. Will this programer keep up if I do a Cam and piston? Thinking of a hot cam 2 or 3. 11:1 stock bore piston. I run a 15 tooth sprocket and ride trails very agressive and want to ride some dunes soon. Any in put or part's you have for sale would he great.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yeah, not as good as the PCIII, PCV or MSD but it still get the job done. IMO get rid of that 15t before you go to any dunes!

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I have a 07 700 with K&N intake LTE dual and a LTE programer. Will this programer keep up if I do a Cam and piston? Thinking of a hot cam 2 or 3. 11:1 stock bore piston. I run a 15 tooth sprocket and ride trails very agressive and want to ride some dunes soon. Any in put or part's you have for sale would he great.
Which dunes and what paddles will determine required upgrades. It plays a huge part in the build.
By "ride trails very agressive" do you mean high speed non technical stuff?

Know matter the terrain or set up, I would get the PCV and a FCI intake. They are purchases that allow for large power increases over time without being replaced themselves as a result of the mods. How much $ is available?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have about $400 put up right now but just want more power. When we go to the dunes this year. I will try some 21x12x8 extremes with the 14t sprocket. But the cam and piston seem to be next.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Little sahara Ok or beaver Ok dunes And my weight is 215 right now but most of the time it's 200 LOL

·
Registered
1 Posts
Raptor 700 Top end advice

Hey guys,
I have found myself in a winter build that is quickly spinning of control. What started as a simple paint job has turned into a complete rebuild.
07 700 with K&N, PCIII with FMH full exhaust. I have decided to upgrade the top end. Im looking at Hotcam Stage II and a Piston upgrade. The question is what Piston? I know that 14:1 will require 100% race fuel, and 11:1 is pump, but I cant find any info on 12:1 or 13:1.
Ive been looking at the Moose CP 13:1 but would rather not run 100% race, I have no issues running 110 mixed 50/50 with 92. I ride primarly Oregon coast dunes. any advice would be great!

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
We run the Oregon dunes and use 15/38 gearing on almost all the raptors. The 15 front helps keep the front end down in the lower RPMS through the trails.

Anything over our 11.5:1 piston will need a higher octane fuel.

If you want a pump gas setup I would take a good look at our Tech 11.5:1 piston.

You can see them here

http://tqsatv.com/proddetail.php?prod=RAPTOR-700-TECH-PISTON

Here is a link for the whole cam/piston/gasket combo that we call the rebuild kit. Usually the next step after a big 3.

http://tqsatv.com/proddetail.php?prod=RAPTOR-700-ENGINE-REBUILD-KIT-WINTER

·
THE SAND DUNES HAVE RULES ----- "Follow Them"-
732 Posts
I really like the 15 tooth for the sand.

·
Ridin High.....
961 Posts
FCI intake, HC2 (HC3 if u do a 11:1/11.5:1 piston), +3 throttle body, Should be a nice little bump in power....imo

I like stock gearing now for sand with my 21x11x8 - 8 paddles.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
FCI intake, HC2 (HC3 if u do a 11:1/11.5:1 piston), +3 throttle body, Should be a nice little bump in power....imo

I like stock gearing now for sand with my 21x11x8 - 8 paddles.
+1. I would seriously consider altering your current big 3 setup. The 1st thing you will need is an FCI intake! Adds HP, and good from anywhere inbetween stock and seriously turbo modded! In other words, you will never need a bigger intake no matter how extreme the mod. If you will be in the sand more, go without the box. If the trails most, or a good bit, go with the box.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
+1. I would seriously consider altering your current big 3 setup. The 1st thing you will need is an FCI intake! Adds HP, and good from anywhere inbetween stock and seriously turbo modded! In other words, you will never need a bigger intake no matter how extreme the mod. If you will be in the sand more, go without the box. If the trails most, or a good bit, go with the box.
Saying the fci is the last intake you'll need is not correct...with the big boy mods the fci can't keep up..that why wk makes bigger intakes...but the fci is very good and covers alot of mod territory and is one of the best intakes out there. The 11.5:1 and hc 3 combo is great for the sand and highu speed trials..

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
The 11:1 / 12:1 piston can be ran with premium pump fuel without sacrificing reliability. I'm a huge fan of the stage II hotcam, but when doing a lot of engine work a stage III may be a better fit. In all honesty you'll be a lot faster & comfortable with suspension modifications.

www.kbmotorsportsonline.com

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Suspension? Well I guess I dont know good it can get. My seems to be good. I never really put any thought to it. I guess if you cant control the power it does no good.

·
Ridin High.....
961 Posts
Suspension? Well I guess I dont know good it can get. My seems to be good. I never really put any thought to it. I guess if you cant control the power it does no good.
Ride a set of fox floats, motowoz, decent elka's, or any other good aftermarket shocks and you'll know what KB means. Suspension AND Power is where its at...

Kenneth at KBMATV is the goto guy for info and deals on atv parts.

·
If you don't wreck, you don't ride
4,451 Posts
Ride a set of fox floats, motowoz, decent elka's, or any other good aftermarket shocks and you'll know what KB means. Suspension AND Power is where its at...

Kenneth at KBMATV is the goto guy for info and deals on atv parts.
I'll second that motion!!!!!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks

thanks for the help got some yfz 450 GT thunder front shocks,P&P head, HC3, and a tech 11.5:1 pistion. Looking for some paddles thinking about 21X12X8 Hauler's but what paddle 7 or 8? and why? can I keep my 15 tooth with this set up? or go 14 tooth and some 22X11X8? ???

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
And what fronts and size?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I thought I was the only person on here that had that tuner. I made 60 HP with a big 5 setup on pump gas and never maxed it out. I live real close to you. Do you ride out at the Canadian river?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts