Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed lte, pc, (pc map also) and filter, now when it is started it runs for ~10 secs then dies. So restart, hold the gas just enough to keep it off idle and runs pretty good. It has a slight miss sometimes. No computer codes. I can't ride it so I dont know how it does under a load. Im in Denver so would the high alt. have anything to do with it? If the PC map is rich would the elev. just make it richer? And would a "bad" map keep it from running right (idle) if it was just slightly rich? Could it be the map sensor connection, or would i be getting an "check engine"?

·
Registered
494 Posts
First off, altitude has nothing to do with the map. There are sensors that compensate for barometric pressure, temperature and humidity.

I used to have the start and die routine. Im running a different map now, so I dont have that issue.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
daytonaman said:
PC map for lte, pro design, no lid

That map is way to rich for my liking. If you would like, PM me your email address and I'll send you my custom map to try out.

Randy

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just giving you this update/info so that you may use it yourself or to help others. I changed out the spark plug no help. Disconnected the battery to try "reset" the computer, no help. Started it again while adjusting the idle...BINGO. The screw was in way the far, I dont know how but it was. Backed it out while running...smoothed right out, reved just fine, PERFECT. Now I just have to wait for the weekend to ride it w/ the new toys and check out RaptorRandy's map. Thanks again for the help and map :thumbsup: :grin_nod:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts