Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what I need to know about the 2006 Raptor 700 R since i'm going to buy one today? Thanks!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Re: I'm about to buy a raptor 700r

get rid of the plastic skids and get some aluminum ones under it before you get too carried away.

Also go through it pretty good..oil, filter, check the chain tightness etc. Ask if the valve clearance was checked/set after break in. Also check the rear pads, they seem to wear quickly.

What else?

·
Registered
621 Posts

After you buy it... ship it to me to inspect for two months. I'll make sure it is safe for you to ride! :grin_nod: Message me and I'll send you my address! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I got it today. It looks just like new, brake pads,tires,etc. I'll be sending pictures soon

·
Registered
128 Posts

Skid plate it, twist throttle it, point the front end twards the sky and dont look back. Enjoy your new ride man, the raptor is a blast. :grin_nod:

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
657 Posts

Not to but in on this thread but, what Skids would you all suggest being as I see everyone is saying they are a must?

Jay

·
Registered
621 Posts

I went with the GYTR skids from the dealer. I ordered them before I picked up my bike and picked the all up at the same time.

·
Registered
584 Posts

Congrats on the new ride. Get some good protective gear for yourself if you dont have any yet. Check all the bolts and give it a good greasing, itll take alot probably. Not greased good from factory. If its an 06 check your bullet connectors for your fan to make sure its working. Use the search button and read, it'll help.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Thanks for the info. I do have the gear already and I checked everything you said and everything looks fine. Here is photo of my rappy.............

Attachments

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Here is another one. click on the picture..........................

Attachments

·
Registered
584 Posts

Very nice, you look alittle small in the pic in your sig so hold on tight to that thing. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
177 Posts

I literally laughed out loud when I read that last remark! Congrats on your new rappy, dude. Make sure it has a fuel controller to match that HMF and you're green! Pro Armor belly skids are nice, too - they've got side protection like the GYTR skids.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Dude thats my son........................

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Dude that is my son. he is only 4............

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Thanks for the advice. I do have a power commander already. I do have a question? should I keep a foam air filter or get a K&N?

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Why is that?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts