Raptor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got my raptor 700 back from ct racing and when they dynoed it, it said 63 hp but with all the mods upgrades i have done to it i would figure to get a lot more out of it something is wrong any theory?

i have

port polished head
11/1 je piston
web cam stage 4
kibble white springs
+1 valve
and msd blaster fI
with 14t front and 37t rear sproket
gytr full on exhaust and intake

any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
Don't focus too much on numbers. They vary quite a bit. Dyno no knobbies, slicks, temp, corrected numbers, etc. Some dyno's are stingy, some are not. Don't get caught up in that.

Who ported the head?

I don't know much about the MDS Blaster, so I can't comment on that.

Suggestions.....open up that exhaust and let it flow. Bore the TB. Bump up the compression. FCI intake. Let it breathe.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im waiting on the new throttle body im hearing that r&d racing is coming out for the raptor 700. They havent said anything but i heard rumors about them working on a throttle body that has no butterfly in the middle, its like a barrel so the air flows a lot better and it adds about 4-5 hp. its what they use on the formula 1 cars

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
I haven't heard anything about that, but I love the idea of pushing the envelope and developing new ideas. This is the stuff that keeps this industry moving forward.

I listen to John at Racer's Edge. His record speaks for itself. I know there are many players in this industry, but John has got far and beyond what would be expected both in customer service as well as innovation. His race reputation is indisputable in the FSA as well. If you have any questions, I'd recommend calling him. He's the easiest guy to talk to. Very down to earth and honest.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i know its kinda of topic also but i was kinda wondering if you have any idea about it, if the stock a arms on the raptor 700 comes with heims or no because i want to order +2 a arms from full flight and i cant decide i want the same what i have right now on my stock bike. i mean as far as heims, im clueless about what this is

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
Numbers sound about right to me, thats about where I was with your mods....as wobble said don't get stuck on numbers....dyno's can vary ALOT. Did you do a baseline run (stock) on that dyno?

·
#327 "After Hours"
1,130 Posts
Dynos are heart breakers man. My Neon dyno'd at 345 at one and 330 at another. Never changed anything but the amount of gas in the tank. Go by the old fashioned "Butt dyno" on your mods. If it feels fast, and proves itself fast. Then its fast and making great numbers. 63 hp on a Raptor isn't anything to shake a stick at anyways. That's impressive.

·
Registered
191 Posts
i know its kinda of topic also but i was kinda wondering if you have any idea about it, if the stock a arms on the raptor 700 comes with heims or no because i want to order +2 a arms from full flight and i cant decide i want the same what i have right now on my stock bike. i mean as far as heims, im clueless about what this is
Stock they have ball joints.
Heims are different they are apparently stronger but require a few drops of oil after each ride there is no dust boot that contains grease.
I like them some people hate them I have ASR a arms and they have heims and for the price I can not complain.
Here is a pic of a heim join.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea you guys are great i do appreciate the help my questions are answered ill go ahead and try to get the dyno sheet from them. i was there when he was dynoing the bike i just hope they still have it.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
i just got my raptor 700 back from ct racing and when they dynoed it, it said 63 hp but with all the mods upgrades i have done to it i would figure to get a lot more out of it something is wrong any theory?

i have

port polished head
11/1 je piston
web cam stage 4
kibble white springs
+1 valve
and msd blaster fI
with 14t front and 37t rear sproket
gytr full on exhaust and intake

any suggestions?
I feel your pain! Mine came in at 63hp also. I thought I would make the mid to high 60's. :(

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
i think the reason why i pulled more hp and did a little less as far as the mods upgrade is because of the elevation im at 1000 feet elevation i think.
BTW i know its an off topic question again does any one know the width of the front and rear of a stock raptor 700? Also is there an advantage to going +2 in the front and rear as far as a arms or is it a dis advantage?

·
Registered
191 Posts
i think the reason why i pulled more hp and did a little less as far as the mods upgrade is because of the elevation im at 1000 feet elevation i think.
BTW i know its an off topic question again does any one know the width of the front and rear of a stock raptor 700? Also is there an advantage to going +2 in the front and rear as far as a arms or is it a dis advantage?
Going wider made my bike more stable and it is a lot easier to control in a slide.
It was night and day in comparison to stock.
I haven't put my rear axle on yet but just going +3 on the front makes it feel way better.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts