Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I talked to Jason at Rocket Factory and I felt very good about ordering the 734 Kit. I will have a local mechanic to install all the parts. The parts I ordered are stage 3 cam, heavy springs, Highly ported head, bored and re-plated cylinder, Piston 10.75. and all the gaskets for the job. This kit will take about 3 hours for an experienced mechanic ( which I have). With my LTE's and PC111 and GYTR air filter, it should put out aprox. 58 Horse Power !!!! It should be a noticeable difference for sure. Anyone else bought this Kit and have comments on what to look for? I will be posting my results and finds after I get it done. PS, It will take a HEAVILY modified YFZ to beat this quad won't it??

·
Registered
815 Posts
Im sure they will supply him with a map.... They supplied me with a map.... I would recommend using their map at first to break the motor in again, but then take it to a dyno and have a custom map made...

Plattner

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
That's awesome Digital... Take some pics of your upgrade and let us see! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
815 Posts
Since he is doing all the work himself - i would assume around $1,400....
BUT not for sure, lets see what he says, if he tells us....ha ha

Plattner

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The entire kit that I listed was $1567.50 including shipping. I paid extra on top of that ($1,150) for core charges that I will get refunded when I send the stock parts back to them. It was originally parts cost was $1650, and I told them that I was a Raptor forum gear head and he gave me a 5% discount :beer: As far as the Map, I didn't discuss it with Jason, but I guess that SHOULD be nailed down before I start riding it. Is there a generic map that anyone knows of on DynoJet web site that would work well?

·
Registered
815 Posts
No dyno does not have a generic map for you to use.... just give Jason a call back and tell him that you need a map for your setup, and he will email it to ya.... he usually charges $60 for a map.... but if you buy from him... then he will just email it to ya for free.... you are going to want to get a map from him, then IF IT WERE ME i would take my bike to a dyno machine and get a custom map made...

Plattner

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Plattner, Thanks for the advice, I will call him next week and ask for a map with these new Mods. I drove to a shop in Cottage Grove Oregon (25 miles away) about a month ago and talked to the tech that was trained by DynoJet and seemed pretty confident that he could dyno my quad and get some more power out of it for me. I plan on doing that after I break the motor in? is that the standard prcedure or can it be done right away after the rebuild?

·
Registered
902 Posts
Sweet!

I'm really looking for input from others that have done this kind of work.

The stroker didn't look like it cost that much more??? Only about $250 from Trinity??? Of course you'ld have to split the cases but, seems like the stroker would add a lot of torque.

I'm watchin' this one!!!

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I looked at the stoker too but decided on this "Bolt On" Horsepower first, All the components will be compatible with a stroker crank in the future. He estimated another +10 HPower with the Crank,,, Anyone else have this top end Kit? and how does it perform?? It should pull like hell @ 58HP...isn't stock around 40?

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
Keep us posted on details!!! :thumbsup: I think i might go that way next winter.. 8)

·
Registered
262 Posts
ya you should be around 58 I have 60.1 and 50 torque but I have oversized exhaust valves and exhaust port work and higher compression....heres my dyno chart

Attachments

·
Registered
262 Posts
Kibble white I believe I had bigger exhaust valves back in august I believe of 06 they've been around for a while

1 - 20 of 21 Posts