Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
today when riding i jumped a log and a branch came up and tore a hole in the ressi line on my 01 660,I have a bachalore party camping trip planed for may long and the shock can not be rebuilt (so the local shop says)so i need a used one the cheaper the better.
keep in mind i live in canada and shipping will take forever so the sooner the better
i will pay all shipping and i use paypal

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
today when riding i jumped a log and a branch came up and tore a hole in the ressi line on my 01 660,I have a bachalore party camping trip planed for may long and the shock can not be rebuilt (so the local shop says)so i need a used one the cheaper the better.
keep in mind i live in canada and shipping will take forever so the sooner the better
i will pay all shipping and i use paypal
Can you not get a new hose............or have one made

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i took it to have new one put on a the stealership and they said there was no specs to add oil and diddnt know how much to add before charging it, also said it would be about $150 because its concidered non rebuildable and they have to put it a air nipple to add gas.
in the long run its cheaper to find one on ebay

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Probably better off just getting a 700 rear. They can be had in a lot of cases cheaper on ebay and from what I hear, are an improvement. Get crackin brotha!

·
Vendor - Rip Ass Connoisseur & Turbo Junkie
733 Posts
Probably better off just getting a 700 rear. They can be had in a lot of cases cheaper on ebay and from what I hear, are an improvement. Get crackin brotha!
if a 700 shock will work I have a stock one that D7 Racing will donate to you, but you will need to cover the shipping!!!

please let me know if a 700 one will work!!

Mike

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Mike, if he isn't interested, and the offer is still good for me, I'll jump on that one, lol. I have no issues covering shipping. I am looking to replace my '01 660 rear as well, and have just been holding off for financial reasons myself...sorry if that's too forward...

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
They are rebuildable, but dealerships are rarely setup to do this kind of work.

The 700 shock has been tried before, there are a few threads on making them work, I believe it takes a bit of modification though. There are also piggyback 660 rears on eBay and in the classifieds section here that should bolt right up.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes i will take it... pm sent

1 - 8 of 8 Posts