Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently broke my oem crank and was looking at a oem spec replacement and for another 300 i can get a 719 stroker so i figured why not but i was wondering if i bought the +4 hotrod crank and picton will it run on pump gas and will i need to take it to a shop to get bored and if i will need to replace anytihng else well the engine is open? any advise or help is greatly apreciated.. :help:

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I have a stock crank/rod I'll sell ya for $50. Good shape
Yes you can get a piston that can run on pump gas, I don't know if hotrods or any others make those speical offset pistons for stock bores.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
the Barker 4mil setup is the better way to go IMO, the final price works out to be within 40 bucks once you figure in the cost of the crank/rod/piston combo. You'll pay more for the barker 4mil crank/rod but you get an indestructible rod. You'll pay more for the stroker piston that fits the hotrods stroker than you will for a off-the-shelf 11:1 piston to go on the barker 4mil stroker.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.