Raptor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so ive been reading and reading and reading these threads on here trying to figure out why my raptor is cutting out at half throttle, i did the pb sensor, and reverse wire, cleaned the carb numerous times, cleaned the petcock and gastank, readjusted the valves, check the spark plug, regapped it, not a change after all of it, once i baby it past half i can go full throttle, i even put the jetting back to stock. if anybody has any ideas let me know i have an 03 Raptor 660 with hmf pipe and took the snorkel off the air box for a little better air induction

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Sound like your jetting if you returned it back to stock with a pipe and intake mods it will run lean. What jets did you take out of it. There are a few guys on here that will offer lots of help you'll just need to know what size all you jets are and where your needle is set at.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i messed with the carb so much, i have done everything imaginable, changed the jets, did the air fuel mixture, cleaned it several times and soaked it in solvent and nothin changed

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
i messed with the carb so much, i have done everything imaginable, changed the jets, did the air fuel mixture, cleaned it several times and soaked it in solvent and nothin changed
Present a list of your mods and all your jetting you are presently using and also describe in detail what the bike is doing and we will be glad to help, until then I cant do a thing............:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i got an hmf silencer, and i have taken the snorkel off the airbox, and then i took the bigger jets out and put the stock ones back in, and still does the same, it bogs at half throttle, until it dies, i have done the reverse wire, cleaned it mounted it somewhere else, did the pb sensor too, my friend took it out for a ride the other day and he put the choke at 1/4 out and he could ride it with no problem but it would idle like crap, when the choke was on it would idle perfect but u would u have to baby it up to 3/4 to full throttle

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Have you tried adjusting your needles & pilot jet's? I would go with #25 pilot's & what size are "The bigger jet's"?.
Give as much info as you can..WillyKiller is the 660 Jetting master...OK OK so he is the master of the 660 in all as far as I'm conserned:)...So listen to him & others & we can probly get you going like you should be...
Best of luck..

·
Registered
298 Posts
Make sure your choke is operating correctly I pulled my carbs of 20 times one weekend trying to get my jetting right only to find out the o-ring on the choke plunger in the side of the left carb was swollen causing my choke to stick partially open...It was a HUGH PITA!!! And I believe if you use a caustic carb cleaner you have to pull any seals, diaphragms, or o-rings out or it will eat them.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
If you have removed the snorkel, you must use aftermarket needles, #25 pilots and mains around 155 to 165 mikunis............

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Well it is winter in most the US so the temperature change is most likely affecting it. You need to change your pilots to #25 as stated. I believe Pilots are in effect from something like 0%-50% throttle and Mains are something like 25% to 100%

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Pilots cause the most effect up to 1/8 throttle, play with your needles only................raise them a notch........

1 - 15 of 15 Posts