Raptor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 700 with the big 3 and im looking 2 get more power whats some good things to get for it?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Next I would go with a high compression piston, cam, and +3tb. The compression depends on your elevation and if you want to run race fuel. The cam depends on what type of riding you do. I would go HD5050 for the cam since it is good for all applications.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
cam + piston at the same time is your next step.. and/or ignition. Then you fall into the mods where you actually modify existing parts, throttlebody, head, etc.

·
Dirty Lil Bastard
602 Posts
Turbo

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
i have a 700 with the big 3 and im looking 2 get more power whats some good things to get for it?

What part of KY are you located in? Is your current setup tuned in well? Do you want to dive into the motor? If you don't mind diving into the motor I'd suggest researching stock bore high compression pistons and the hotcam stage II camshaft.

www.kbmotorsportsonline.com

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
i live in southeast ky (perry co) and idk im a noob idk how to tell if its all tuned in good lol and yes ill do work in the motor and 1 of my buddys sayed if i buy a piston i will need to port it is this true?and thanks for all the help

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
You don't NEED to port with a high compression piston, but it never hurts. ;) But I would go piston, and cam to start from the "Big 3". If you wan't a drop-in cam, then go with a Hot Cam 3. If you plan on going further with your build, then go with the HDD50/50, Web Cam, or a MegaCycle cam which require heavy duty springs and clearancing. It's all with how big you are wanting to go. As far as a piston, 11:1 CP all the way. It is pump gas ready.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok thanks..im looking on a site and they have a hot cam installation kit would i need 1 of them 2?

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
You could make your own, but it would be much easier to buy one.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Think they bout covered it all.

·
Registered
135 Posts
ok thanks..im looking on a site and they have a hot cam installation kit would i need 1 of them 2?
Wait,,, the hot cam installation kit? If your talking about the kits the include these little metal discs called shims, you do not need this for a 700.

If your looking at something like a tube and long bolt. This is to pull the rocker shafts out of the head. You will need something like this if your installing it yourself. High Dessert Dyno has a kit all put together, I think it was around 30 bucks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts