Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I broke the elbow that the throttle cable threads onto on the carb. Can I replace that part? I could not find a replacement part online and my local Yamaha shop just told me that I can only get it as a whole carb assembly.

Attachments

·
Registered
252 Posts
They are correct, you can't buy it. Try to find a used carb for cheap on Ebay. You can buy the adjusting nut by itself, but not the tube. Sux man, few dollars worth of metal will costs you alot. If you can find the other piece you may be able to weld/solder it. Good ol' JB Weld works wonders.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I broke the elbow that the throttle cable threads onto on the carb. Can I replace that part? I could not find a replacement part online and my local Yamaha shop just told me that I can only get it as a whole carb assembly.
i have a spare carb if you need it:D

·
Registered
608 Posts
you also may be able to heat that up and pull it out of the carb body and i have a replacement off a nother bad carb you could put in

·
Registered
4 Posts
Need Help PLZ..my daughter'z quad just wont start......

Hello have a question can somebody plz help. my daughter was riding her quad & it just turned off she tried to start it again & it just cranked but wouldnt turn over, so she pushed it home i tried it & nothing so i took out battery & charged it all night. well then i put da battery in & tried it now nothing at all ..no noise no lights ive already changed the relay starter solenoid ignition switch, ignition coil????? what else can i do sorry if im asking a dumb question i just want to make my lil girl happy...

·
Registered
608 Posts
first you need to take out the spark plug. plug it back into wire and touching the metal part of plug to engine crank it over and see if it has spark. then let me know if it does or not make sure handle bar on/off switch is in on pos.

also there is a fuse like a car under the seat by the battery check it , and follow your black ground wire from the battery to the engine/frame ground and make sure you have a good connection

·
Registered
4 Posts
whats the pos? the handle bar says stop off run sorry i ask alot of questions but u no how moms are we ask alot of question...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts