Raptor Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out riding the rappy on the streets of my neighborhood in the bike lanes today. (I live in a gated community with guards) Anyways, I rode back to my house and noticed a guy sitting at my house, right by my driveway staring at me. I turned the rappy off and got off to check it over and noticed he kept on staring at me in his car. So after a few minutes he starts up and starts to drive away, so I hop back on and follow him at a distance to see where he lives. Well, he goes straight to a guard and tattletells on me and trys to get me in trouble. The guard talked to me and said I have to have it licensed to ride it in the neighborhood.

I want to ask you guys, how do you go about getting it licensed?

I have searched for websites to see and can't find any on Tennessee?!?

I really wanna do it just to piss this guy off! He is an old, fat, retired guy that likes to tattle on anyone that does something slightly wrong.

·
Registered
22,016 Posts
It must be a Silver Spoon Act of 1973.

:lol:

Regardless, in any state, if you are operating off road vehicle on public use highways, then you are in violation of the law. If your state allows offroad vehicles to be used on roadways, then it must meet guidlines for road operation (Signals, mirrors, horn, etc)

You may contact your local highway patrol office and ask them. Don't get your bike impounded.

~Brian

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Here in California, I live in a gated area. That means my roads are not paid for by the state. They are private. So I can ride on them without getting a ticket. Here how you tell if the gated area is private or public, the street signs tell you. If it has small writing on it saying the "city of " then it's public paid for. Hope this helps you :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I might just throw on a fake license plate and go ride up and down his street :lol:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Take the mans teeth! that way he can't tell on you! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
202 Posts
i tried the same thing. i looked into getting signals and reverse light, the whole nine yards. no dice my man, not legal no matter how you try it in central florida anyways

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
crap...

my dad is purchasing a honda 450 dirt bike in the next few weeks (has head and tail light and are easily made street legal) maybe once I get that I will drive him nuts with it and he can't do anything about it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know! :lol: :lol: :lol: I'll make sure I do about 5 passes by that guys house a day :thumbsup:

·
Registered
151 Posts
grandsport96 said:
i tried the same thing. i looked into getting signals and reverse light, the whole nine yards. no dice my man, not legal no matter how you try it in central florida anyways
Florida is a definite "no". In FLorida if a vehicle is titled as an ORV, you cannot go about making it "street legal". I wanted to turn a YZF450 into a motard and make it street legal, I spoke with the individual in Miami-Dade County that inspects vehicles, such as home made choppers, they advised, not in this state. :'(

·
Registered
51 Posts
Missouri says you have to have blinkers, headlights, tail lights, lighted licence plate, dot approved tires, mirrors, horn, and speedometer. After you get all these, the highway patrol inspects it. If you meet the requirements, you can retitle it as an on-road vehicle, then apply for licence. You are pretty much making it a four-wheeled motorcycle. I would imagine that some states do something like this. You might check with DMV, Highway Patrol, your County Courthouse, or as always :google:.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I'd check with your local DMV.

I'm officially 100% street legal in AZ as of tonight. I've got mirror on and horn hooked up.

In AZ you sign a piece of paper that says you'll make it legal and they hand you a motorcycle plate. No inspection. The only inspection will be emissions 5-6 years from now.

If I'm going to drive this any real amount on the street I'm going to get another set of wheels / tires for the street. Otherwise I'll abuse my knobbies :)

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I might put a call in today to see if it can be done, I think I'm gonna crap in a cup and then launch it out of my potato canon at his front door tonight. Nothin like going to get the newspaper in the morn. and having crap shotgunned all over your house :crazy:

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
Machy said:
I might put a call in today to see if it can be done, I think I'm gonna crap in a cup and then launch it out of my potato canon at his front door tonight. Nothin like going to get the newspaper in the morn. and having crap shotgunned all over your house :crazy:
That would be a site to see :lol:

·
Registered
497 Posts
Machy said:
Make sure you video his response when he finds the pooh. That would be priceless.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Get a can of self expanding foam and fill up the muffler on his car. It'll be invisible from the outside, and his car will not run. No mechanic will check for an exhaust blockage first, his bill will be huge. I've always wanted an excuse to do this, let me live vicariously through you.

·
Registered
644 Posts
RobHussle said:
Get a can of self expanding foam and fill up the muffler on his car. It'll be invisible from the outside, and his car will not run. No mechanic will check for an exhaust blockage first, his bill will be huge. I've always wanted an excuse to do this, let me live vicariously through you.

Oh wow, thats a classic one!!!!!! Im gonna have to try that one out soon..

Any btw... there's always going to be some lame ass tryin to rain on your fun. Maybe pour some old oil down the drain in front of his house and call the EPA on him :satan:

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
that would be some fun stuff!

If I do the potato cannon trick on him I will take pics, heck I might just get some of my friends and we use the 3 man waterballoon slingshot on it instead. :lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts