Raptor Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My raptor 700 started putting while I was giving it throttle yesterday. I thought it might be a dirty air filter so I took the K&N out and cleaned and oiled it. I got off work today and started it up and it was acting like it wanted to die, I took it for a ride around the yard in second gear and it's doing it again. Is this a fuel controller,battery, or some major issue I should be concerned with? I've only had the trinity intake for about 3 weeks. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok I will try both. I have a spare plug.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
New plug didn't work.

·
Pity is freely given, Jealousy is earned
264 Posts
Were any changes made to if before it started acting like this ?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Mine did this a few months ago......the injector was dirty. Take it out and clean it.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine did this a few months ago......the injector was dirty. Take it out and clean it.
Is it easy to take out? Never done it before.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well I stripped the heads of the screws that hold the fuel rail on, I hate the bolts and screws yamaha uses, their junk. I dumped the old fuel out of the tank and got new and put a lil lucas injector cleaner in it. My dad got the gas for me last time and he has no clue about motors and what type of gas they run. Would it of run like that if he got 85 octane instead of the 93 I normally run? I told him to get 93 but you never know with him.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's running fine now. Must of been some bad gas, hell IDK

·
Registered
68 Posts
From what I remember the injector will just pull right out once you get the rail screws out. A good pair of vice grips should be able to loosen them and then replace them with new ones. Always use the proper size philips driver for these screws.....if you use a smaller one, they will strip every time. Mine was clogged so bad that no amount of injector cleaner could have fixed it. I would be very nervous about running low quality fuel in the rappy only because it has a lot of ethanol in it. If it sits for anymore than like 6 weeks it will settle out, and who knows how long it sits at the local station! Thankfully I have a local station that sells no ethanol 87 octane gas.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I always run 93

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
I wonder if that's what's going on with mine. Mine acts funny until its realy warmed up. It sputters and pops untill I get a good run on it. I always run 91 oct. I'll try some injector cleaner before I put my new piston in.

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
Bump!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It was definitely bad gas. I dumped the raptors tank into the gas can then the next day filled up the tractor with that gas and the sum bitch wouldn't start, so I had to siphon that gas out back into the can. I think I'll just start fires in the backyard with that cursed gas!

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
Dirty injector! Added some cleaner, 5 minutes of idle and a quick rip to test it. Works fine now.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
good to hear! what kind did you use?

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
The cheapest old sh%+ that I found at 7/11. Did the trick right off the hop.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts