594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
point me in the right direction :)

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
One with a box ;)

FCI?
+1 I rode in water crossed creeks and hit the swamps of Florida with it. Now I'm running a 54mm tb and no box and do all the same stuff just a little smarter with it.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thx, guys. spendy little thing isn't it

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
If you think it's spendy check on the 54mm tb and intake:lol:

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
I have a Pro design intake on the stock box and I use a outerwears air box cover and I have no problems with water getting sucked in. I haven't had it in any real deep water but I've went through puddles in 3rd gear with out any problems. Then it rained later that day and was able to keep riding. but what ever u get, get a filter outerwears and a outerwears filter box cover and you will be good just as long as you dont swamp it.

·
Cola Crew
1,368 Posts
I have a Pro design intake on the stock box and I use a outerwears air box cover and I have no problems with water getting sucked in. I haven't had it in any real deep water but I've went through puddles in 3rd gear with out any problems. Then it rained later that day and was able to keep riding. but what ever u get, get a filter outerwears and a outerwears filter box cover and you will be good just as long as you dont swamp it.
+1
I ran a K&N with outerwears pre filter on my Pro desing intake for 3yrs and always had dust in the intake tube now I have a foam filter and it stays clean now... The K&N mite make more power but it dose not filter as well.. I always pull the drain off so that the water can get out of the box..

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
+1
I ran a K&N with outerwears pre filter on my Pro desing intake for 3yrs and always had dust in the intake tube now I have a foam filter and it stays clean now... The K&N mite make more power but it dose not filter as well.. I always pull the drain off so that the water can get out of the box..
The amsoil filter is like the K&N but not as much flow but like a foam one that catched the dirt but you don't have to oil it. I'm running that now. My cousin had his air box open and even with an outer wears on the filter he was still sucking in water every time he hit a puddle. So when I got my exhaust I put the air box cover on the keep the water out and I still have the flow as an open air box.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I have the amsoil one and it flows great, I also have a k&n one sitting around, does it really have that much of a difference over the amsoil? I also have the outwear stock airbox cover, so far no issues with water in the box or intake

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Keep the stock box until you do a built motor, FCI probably won't help you too much just being a 3 mod
If he plans on building motor might as well get FCI now so he ain't gotta buy another later. It'll save money in the long run.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Keep the stock box until you do a built motor, FCI probably won't help you too much just being a 3 mod
Thank you, that exactly what I was hoping to hear. PS what is a "3 mod"?

buy a grizzly
LOL

Not planning on building the motor, just some good quality bolt ons. I have too many other projects and hobbies going on for that 8)

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I'm running the pro-design w/ K&N and outwear (and no lid) and I hit quite a bit of mud and water where I ride. The most important thing is to keep the stock rubber baffles that prevent water from splashing straight into the box.

No issues so far, intake tube is perfect and the inside of the filter is always super clean... The outside looks like it's been dragged through mud sometimes :)

·
RF Moderating Team Member / Wheelie Master
4,326 Posts
Pro-design w/ K&N and outwear with pro-tec air box lid running it for years works good at keeping the water out but still giving you the performance you want.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts