Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All my mods are in the signature just so I don't have to repeat. My 660 is running great and pulling hard all the way up to the very top end and then it just feels like is backs off. It isn't sputtering or anything it just feels like there should be more and it just can't get there

I was wondering if it could be something with my Dyna CDI. I just have the standard one (Non Programable) I know it does something with the timing curve but it doesn't say if is advance or retard and it removes the reverse limit and raises the rev limit.

I backed down to the 155L 160R mains from 160L 165R and I noticed a big power increase so I think I'm good there...but I may be wrong. Clips are in the middle and fuel screws are 2 out L and 2 1/2 out R.

Of course I'm chasing a 720 Stroker so maybe thats all she has lol!!!

·
Registered
235 Posts
could be normal...but what does "i think i have another carb" mean?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"carb ?" as in question that may concern my carbs lol...Thanks

·
Master of the Electron
15,629 Posts
Did you notice this same drop off at top end with the 160/165? If not, I'd go back there and try leaning the needles instead.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you notice this same drop off at top end with the 160/165? If not, I'd go back there and try leaning the needles instead.
Thanks...I will give that a try. My power increase with 155 160 did seem to be a mid range increase so that makes a lot of sense.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
All my mods are in the signature just so I don't have to repeat. My 660 is running great and pulling hard all the way up to the very top end and then it just feels like is backs off. It isn't sputtering or anything it just feels like there should be more and it just can't get there

I was wondering if it could be something with my Dyna CDI. I just have the standard one (Non Programable) I know it does something with the timing curve but it doesn't say if is advance or retard and it removes the reverse limit and raises the rev limit.

I backed down to the 155L 160R mains from 160L 165R and I noticed a big power increase so I think I'm good there...but I may be wrong. Clips are in the middle and fuel screws are 2 out L and 2 1/2 out R.

Of course I'm chasing a 720 Stroker so maybe thats all she has lol!!!
That drop off in power as you suggest is totally normal, I spent a lot of time trying to figure out this drop off years ago, I went with FCR 39mm carbs, and had a very slight improvement, but still had the dreaded drop off on top end, built a 3 plughead and got what I was looking for, tons of top end..............

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys Ill do some more riding since it finally quit raining and see how it goes and maybe a plug test at wot just for he hell of it...I was just curious that my dyna may have something to do with it or my carb setup may be a little off. I never really noticed it when the bike was stock but since we built my buddies 720 I'm prob pushing mine a little harder lol!!!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Quad that worked perfectly...No top end drop off and she pulls hard all the way through. I went with 160/165 and Vito's needle's 2nd from the top.

Thanks
Jason

·
Master of the Electron
15,629 Posts
Glad to be of help - now go ride and have fun!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts