Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When motor no running I can't pull the clutch in (when in any gear) and roll the quad. I need the quad to be in neutral before it will roll. I tried adjusting the clutch lever and it didn't change anything. I'll check the other end of the cable tonight. Is there something else I should check :3question:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Is the quad sitting cold unstarted for a while when this happens? Does the clutch lever have a normal feel, and some freeplay at the released position? It could be the cold clutch "stiction". My Raptor and old Warrior did this, but just start the engine in neutral and let it warm up, then pull the clutch in, apply the brake, and try to put it in gear. It may slam a little as the clutch breaks loose, but I think it's normal. A different oil may help. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Rider for your input!! The clutch feels fine :grin_nod: very little free play when released. I will try warming up the engine and see what happeneds. What about the reverse knob? Can it be causing something? Any suggestions on type of oil?

·
Registered
244 Posts
The reverse knob shouln't have anything to do with it. It just takes the power of the engine running to break loose the cold clutch. I run Yamalube 10W30. You may try some synthetic oils such as Amsoil or Klotz, although I have never tried these I know they are popular brands.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I warmed the quad up and put it in gear without any problems!! :thumbsup: But as soon as I turn it off and try and push it when it's in gear and the clutch pulled, it doesn't move. :3question: Has anybody had this happen before? :help:

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know there are two adjustment points on the cable. The one on the handlebars I have adjusted, but it didn't change my problem. I'll try adjusting the one that connects to the tranny! Thanks!!

·
Registered
554 Posts
I agree with 700R Rider. My wives 350 does the exact same thing. If it is cold the clutch will drag. When you warmed it up did you ride it to get the clutch warm too or just idle? I do not think you have anything to worry about. As long as you have the engagement point adjusted to within specs I think you will be fine.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Pale, I just idle it and put it in gear and moved it forward a little. I didn't go for a ride. Do you think different oil might stop the dragging of the clutch?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts