Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a drag against a Banshee on the weekend. His bike is stock and so is mine except I have upgraded tires on the rear and sparky out.

Was on a limestone track, We did a rolling start so I started in 2nd, we both gunned it, by the time I hit 3rd I was already a couple of quad lengths in front, then by 4th it was all over I couldent see him anymore due to him being covered in a large dust cloud :grin_nod:.

I guess i just expected a bit more I thought they had a bit of power.

He says he is getting an exhaust soon so could be different story then, good fun tho :thumbsup:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Banshee are one of the fastest quads out there. (highly modified that is) We have a banshee that is faster than quads w/turboed street bike motors.
So dont under estimate all banshee you meet out there. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
767 Posts
Yep I took one with aftermarket pipes by about 1 length as well. But no disputing that fully modded they are the champions. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
815 Posts
Yes they are fast.... but one thing that it is very important when racing a banshee is try to get them to race you on a dirt road or gravel or anything but asphalt or concrete....Banshee's will just spin their tires as a raptor will be taking off..... but once they get traction WATCH OUT bcs they are freakin fast...(if modded)...just something to keep in mind.

Plattner

·
Registered
779 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
easy with the banshee hype, it can be the same way with raps. i pulled a banshee with a upgraded sproky, k&n, pc3 and exhaust

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Killbot said:
So I guess stock they pretty slow, just need mods to make em fast.
Where in any of this thread has anyone said they are slow? I think EVERYONE has said they are pretty fast!!!

·
Registered
494 Posts
700 makes about 40hp at the wheels.

Banshee makes about 33-35hp at the wheels.

Do intake exhaust and rejet(programmer for the 700) and they are damn close.

Port both of them, and the Banshee will leave it in the dust......moreso if it has bigger carbs as well.

·
Registered
39 Posts
roc64 said:
Killbot said:
Where in any of this thread has anyone said they are slow? I think EVERYONE has said they are pretty fast!!!
actually everbody said they are pretty fast when modded.Nevertheless they are definitely pretty quick in a srtaight line in stock trim.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
roc64 said:
Killbot said:
Im saying they pretty slow cos I smoked one on the weekend, mabey the guy couldent ride however.

·
Registered
202 Posts
ive beat a modded banshee on the street and the trails so it takes a lil bit to keep with a 700. either of them modded are fast anyways, just depends on how much you wanna spend and how fast you wana go...

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Killbot said:
roc64 said:
Killbot said:
Im saying they pretty slow cos I smoked one on the weekend, mabey the guy couldent ride however.
Sounds like he was a tool, or your a pro class rider.....Take it from someone who now owns both, if the Banshee hooks up and has someone who knows what he is doing your going to have problems... :confused:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have raced 3 differnt banshees in 3 levels of mods. Stock my TRX450 rans from the stock banshee, and I can barly take my buddies stock 700, the second banshee had trinity pipes and K&N and was rejetted, and I could still take him in dirt, but not on asphalt, he could edge ,e out by about 1 lenght. The last one is my buddies with a Duncan port, bored out to the max the stock cylinder can take, bigger carbs, and a cool head and +10 swinger. It warps time and space. For about $1500 in the motor he can run from most quads and won the dirt drags thus year in Payola. Banshees are not slow stock, they just arent Raptor fast.
Thats like calling a 1970 Chevell LS6 slow cause the new Mustang can take it stock. Put some slicks on it and headers and you can scare old ladies...

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
TREX450R said:
I have raced 3 differnt banshees in 3 levels of mods. Stock my TRX450 rans from the stock banshee, and I can barly take my buddies stock 700, the second banshee had trinity pipes and K&N and was rejetted, and I could still take him in dirt, but not on asphalt, he could edge ,e out by about 1 lenght. The last one is my buddies with a Duncan port, bored out to the max the stock cylinder can take, bigger carbs, and a cool head and +10 swinger. It warps time and space. For about $1500 in the motor he can run from most quads and won the dirt drags thus year in Payola. Banshees are not slow stock, they just arent Raptor fast.
Thats like calling a 1970 Chevell LS6 slow cause the new Mustang can take it stock. Put some slicks on it and headers and you can scare old ladies...
Everyone knows a stock TRX450 cant take a stock 700 rappy! Nice try! I bet about every dude on this board has chewed up and spit out a honda TRX450. :eek:wned:

·
Registered
148 Posts
LoL, once I get me duals on with the assorted goodies needed to run them I'll be doing some chewing of my own. :grin_nod:

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
roc64 said:
TREX450R said:
Everyone knows a stock TRX450 cant take a stock 700 rappy! Nice try! I bet about every dude on this board has chewed up and spit out a honda TRX450. :eek:wned:
hold on roc< i lost to a 450r at glamis on thanksgiving,..of course i missed 2 shifts and still caught up like nothing and my buddy weighs like 150 and i weigh like 260, of course when we were just out crusing no one could keep up with me, so i know where i stand,my group had 3-450hondas, 2 yfz's,a crap load of banshees, z-400, 1 rappy 660, and some other like 300 ex's and stuff, and i switched off with mostly everyone so they could check out my rappy,and i was begging for my rappy back after about 15 min riding on each, they are all great quads, but i loved the responce and power of the rappy...

·
Registered
644 Posts
roc64 said:
TREX450R said:
Not to rag on anyone's machine, but the trx's are dogs. My buddies got an 05; full exhaust, cam, rev box, power now valve, airbox/filter/jetkit, yada yada, and a stock 06 700 still takes him on the top end.

They sure do handle, but thats it.....

1 - 20 of 64 Posts