Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 02 660 raptor and have never like the top heavy rollover feel of the quad.... Since i dont have the money to buy a 450 im researching what i have to do to take my raptor to the next level.... so far im lookin into +2+1 a arms of some type with a +4 dura blue axle...I think this will drop the quad down a little bit make it more stable..... as far as suspension goes, if i get a pair of long travel a arms, will stock yfz shocks fit those a arms that will in turn fit my 660.... if that makes any sense
Input of any type please im interested into what setups ppl are running for aggressive trail/jumps riding
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Best route to take-
g-force or dura blue axle
yfz front shocks
asr +2 a-arms (standard travel)
Revalve/respring the rear shock
Get a full system pipe-ct or sparks; if you have already, any pipe is better than stock!
this will be a 100% improvement over what you have right now.

as far as competing with a 450 (yfz), someone else can answer that for you! :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Cost of making a 660 competitive on the track easily surpasses selling it and buying a yfz. If you want to race MX, get a different bike.

Long travel a-arms aren't going to work well with standard travel shocks.

Many aftermarket a-arms don't have fitment issues with the OEM yfz shocks but you'll still have to clearance the top mount.

If you just want your 660 to handle better you're on the right path; axle, a-arms, and shocks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are the yfz's really that much better than the raptor?? thats hard to beleive, after correcting the suspension and handling issues whats really the diff btwn the two?....is it even worth the time and energy to swap parts on my raptor or should i just look into a 450 in your guys' opinion? also i had another issue with my raptor, the balance point on the quad makes doing wheelies difficult compared to on my old warrior, would a longer swingarm add some wheelbase and correct this problem?

·
Registered
350 Posts
lukev247 said:
Are the yfz's really that much better than the raptor?? thats hard to beleive, after correcting the suspension and handling issues whats really the diff btwn the two?....is it even worth the time and energy to swap parts on my raptor or should i just look into a 450 in your guys' opinion? also i had another issue with my raptor, the balance point on the quad makes doing wheelies difficult compared to on my old warrior, would a longer swingarm add some wheelbase and correct this problem?

The balance point on this quad is small, it took quite a while for me to get comftorable with it vs my 250R and 450r. Once you get comfy and find it you can release the gas and not be in a rush to pull in the clutch shift and continue the wheelie.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts