Raptor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bottom left a-arm is bent and i need a new one, doesnt matter what year or color. I posted this in the wanted section but i dont think anyone reads those. and since alot of people went aftermarket i figured they would have their old ones lying around. i checked out some places and ebay but they are too expensive for me

let me know what you got

thanks

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have one, the rubber boot is not ripped and it has the metal sleeves in them as well. One small dent on the bottom, otherwise its in good condition, silver. How does $40 shipped to your door sound? I can email you pics if you are interested, just post up your email.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i will be sticking with stock a-arms for awhile and i plan on getting them powdercoated. i dont really want one with a dent in it. but let me get a pic of it, maybe its not noticable? $40 shipped sounds good

[email protected]

thanks

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, im learning that quickly now as i fly down the trails at warp speed :lol:

i have 07 yfz SE shocks waiting to be installed but before i do that i want a new bottom left a-arm so none of them have dings in them. then modify them to accept the yfz shocks and get them all powdercoated before reinstalling. also i have 1" wheel spacers in the front

cant afford aftermarket arms and shocks so for now i think yfz shocks and 1" spacers will be a great improvment. ive already felt the improvment from the spacers. now i need to work on the rear suspension

·
Registered
1,678 Posts

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks man for looking those up :thumbsup: looked pretty reasonably priced (for now atleast) i was watching one a couple days ago and it sold for 50 some odd dollars and then another 15 for shipping :crazy:

my main concern is finding one that has no dents or dings

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Dont Forget Alba Action Sports Has good Deals On New A-Arms too.

AlbaAction.com

Pro Elite A-Arms
+2s
Delron Bushings
Ball Joints Tie rods and Sleeves

is one setup you can go too :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah, ive thought about that. idk know if I want to spend that kinda money yet

im a little confused though. when someone says bottom left a arm - do they mean bottom left as your standing in front of the bike looking at it, or do they mean as your sitting on it?

and would i have to modify aftermarket +2 arms for my yfz shocks?

also, what does the second number mean after +2 ? i always see arms that say +2 +1

·
Registered
39 Posts
John said:
yeah, ive thought about that. idk know if I want to spend that kinda money yet

im a little confused though. when someone says bottom left a arm - do they mean bottom left as your standing in front of the bike looking at it, or do they mean as your sitting on it?

and would i have to modify aftermarket +2 arms for my yfz shocks?

also, what does the second number mean after +2 ? i always see arms that say +2 +1
+2 +1 A-Arms are +2" Out and +1" Forward. I just got that set of A-Arms from Alba w/ some Elka shocks so I will be selling my A-Arms next week when they arrive. They are stock from a 2004 660R. I really don't know if they are scratched up or not b/c I havn't looked under them, but I would guess they are in good condition. If so I would be willing to post some pictures up and sell the bottom left for the same $40.00 shipped if you are interested. If you are sitting on the bike is it the right or left that you need?

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
when im sitting on the bike it is the bottom right. if there are no dents in it ill probably take it, pics would be nice

but now im thinking about just going with new +2 arms. so +1 foward means that my wheels will sit 1" further in front of the bike? is that a pretty good setup? and can you use your stock brake lines with +2 +1 arms?

thanks yosh

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Typically You Can Stay with Stock Brake lines with Just +2 wides
as for the +1 forward you might be streching Brake lines a little then

Yes that is a good setup the Longer your bike is the less of a Wheelie Machine you have... you will be surprised how much less it will wheelie with those

Dont forget to Tug them Wheel spacers out after you Put Your Wider A-Arms On ;)

Canada Rocks :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
AlbaAction.com

that web site will tell you

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
i dont know of anyone still making +2 +2 arms. You may have to mod the a-arms to get the shocks to fit, but i have never tried it so i dont know. If you are going to dop the cash on a-arms, why not go all the way and get nice shocks made for your bike?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts