Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm upgrating a few things to my quad. but i will like to get some opinions from you guys. I'm changing the swing arm skid, engine skid plate, and the grab bar. from stock to this two options. AC racing or UM products. does anybody has any comments on witch one is better. also does this products can be powder coated. i will be doing them black.

thanks,

·
Registered
297 Posts
good choices for products, they are both good companies with good products you just have to decide which products you want. Since you talked about powder coating them black and running a black scheme, AC RACING has a BLACKLINE. they have blackline propeg nerf bars and a black line bumper which look pretty sweet. but then again you could buy a chrome one or aluminum and just powder coat um yourself

·
Registered
306 Posts
I went with the gytr skids. I am also going to have them powder coated black. Also my front gytr grab and rear grab. The Gytr quaility is top notch. It will go great with my ac blackline nerfs

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought the IMS pro series combo nerfs, but they only make then in silver. they do have the GP series in black though. I will also will be using roll desing brake lever and roll desing shift lever. I'll post some pictures after I'm done with the first upgrade phase. thank you with your responces.

·
Registered
22,016 Posts
It's all personal preference.

Check out www.proalum.com

I have had several friends buy stuff from them, and it's been really inexpensive. The quality is really good! I own one of their bumpers. I would have bought everything from them, but they did not have much stuff available for my bike three years ago.

These guys: www.proarmor.com have some really nice stuff, but if you buy it direct it costs more than buying it from www.rockymountainatv.com .

Good luck-

~Brian

·
Registered
215 Posts
Re: I WAS WONDERING IF SOMEONE KNOWS WITCH IS BETTER AC PRODUCTS OR UM PRODU

UM performances swinger skid is worthless. its a flat piece of aluminum that takes avery hit and gets crushed in very easily. I switched to the armadillo skid and have had no problems with it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I agree with sikraptor....I'd go GTY-R, they know there sh**. Ha, so do the other companies, but the welds on the GYT-R are flawless

·
Registered
206 Posts
I went with the Ricochet products, the Bullet line, a little thicker and the swingarm skid comes with a chain guide. www.utahsportcycle.com

·
Registered
494 Posts
I have an AC 6 pack rack, which is far more durable then the PRM unit. Ive never had anything by UM.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts