Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx....and Im trippin the 60ft markers with my back tires so my 60ft times are actually about 1.7x :grin_nod:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,885 Posts
I am not familiar with 1/8th mile times, those mid 8's your were running, what kida of cars would you beat with those times. I only got about 2 less hp than you do.... trying to figure out which smack talkers I could take down in the 1/8. :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stock '05 and newer GTs run 8.8s properly driven, stock 99-04 GTs run 9 flat properly driven, stock 98 and newer Z28s/TAs run 8.5-8.8 properly driven.......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
882 Posts
woulda had alot better run...just a positive criticism..work on your rt..1.8 is pretty much sleepin on the line
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
8.85 is the fastest 1/8 mile I have ever ran and it carried over to a 13.5 @105 in the 1/4. But that was with a crappy 2.18 60'. An 8.50 would probably be a low 13 second car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
Talljess said:
woulda had alot better run...just a positive criticism..work on your rt..1.8 is pretty much sleepin on the line
A .094 reaction time is pretty good. The other run he jumped the light. Sounds pretty good to me. Reaction time has nothing to do with the actual time. He could have sit their 5 minutes then took off and got the same time. The clock doesnt start until the tires leave the stage beam.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
882 Posts
my time starts when the light goes green maybe yur track differs i dunno I have only raced ihra and jdra circuits..oh and the occasional atv shootout
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
Talljess said:
my time starts when the light goes green maybe yur track differs i dunno I have only raced ihra and jdra circuits..oh and the occasional atv shootout
I have never heard of a track doing this before. Is it a big track? Rockingham Dragway and another small track here are the only ones I run . I am pretty sure most tracks start when you break the stage beam. I made about 30 passes this year with some pretty crappy reaction times and still ran decent ET's (in a car).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
VelociRaptor said:

and video of the 8.53 pass:
Congrats on the times. I would be pretty happy if I could do that on mine. Have you ever ran a full 1/4?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
882 Posts
here is a good theory to live by..when the lite goes green go..if you ease into it, u break the sec beam ....so in all actuality no one ever sits on the line longer than neccesary. And yes the time starts when the sec line is broken which has always in my book as fast as humanly possible.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
Machy said:
I am not familiar with 1/8th mile times, those mid 8's your were running, what kida of cars would you beat with those times. I only got about 2 less hp than you do.... trying to figure out which smack talkers I could take down in the 1/8. :lol: :lol: :lol:
About any ricer. LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
350 Posts
VelociRaptor said:
Stock '05 and newer GTs run 8.8s properly driven, stock 99-04 GTs run 9 flat properly driven, stock 98 and newer Z28s/TAs run 8.5-8.8 properly driven.......

Idk about either of those cars....thats MAYBE on slicks or drag radials with a good driver.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
350 Posts
nice :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
03Rappy660 said:
VelociRaptor said:
Stock '05 and newer GTs run 8.8s properly driven, stock 99-04 GTs run 9 flat properly driven, stock 98 and newer Z28s/TAs run 8.5-8.8 properly driven.......

Idk about either of those cars....thats MAYBE on slicks or drag radials with a good driver.
I ran 8.8 in a 99 Cobra with intake and exhaust with a crappy 60'. Most 6 speed Z28/TA's would outrun me.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ive personally driven a stock 99 Firehawk TA to a 8.54 on stock tires and a stock 99 GT 5speed to a 8.98 with stock tires. My buddy that was at the track today with me has a 06 automatic GT with a program run a 8.81(manuals are alittle quicker) on stock tires. My 98 Z28 automatic car ran 8.7-8.8 when it was stock. Stock 94-98 GT 5speeds run mid 9s.
 
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Top