Raptor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 raptor 700 with a blown engine. Everything else is fine. I was able to salvage the head and possibly the transmission (haven’t split the cases yet). Cases and everything else in the engine isn’t reusable. I don’t know what to do. I won’t spend a dime for anything less than 80+hp. I have a budget of 6k. Is this possible? Or do I sell the quad and give up? I’m frustrated and addicted to the adrenaline that thing used to give me. It’s been about 5 months since It blew up and I can’t stop dreaming about getting it fixed.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can buy new or used cases, a used engine, build it to what you want.
If the whole machine is good, minus engine, and you have $6k to make 80hp...I'de say you have nothing to worry about, just come up with your build plan and buy parts.
Appreciate the input man. Keep in mind the plan is to have a shop build it. But I don’t know what kind of plan to go with. Do I throw in some sort of pre-built? Do I build an engine from scratch. Do I swap it for an entirely different type of engine? My thought is more power the better. If I get an 80 hp build I’m most likely going to be pinning it, if I have a swap super bike, I may be a little nicer to the thing. Looking for any game plans that may work well with my situation.

·
Registered
55 Posts
After watching a ton of ASG on YouTube. The swaps looks more than 6k. I’ve had my motor done twice now. Second time it got a crank and with labor I was about 2200. You can cut down on labor by pulling the motor yourself. Maybe contact a builder and ship them engine. I’ve thought of sending mine to Cuervo to build me a monster. But that’s on back burner for now. Did you throw the rod through cases? 700 complete motor on flea bay for 1k. Anyways you have a good budget, just fix it. The quad is worth nothing with no motor unless you part out. Good luck buddy 🍻

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
60-65hp is easy and will last.
Stock bore and stroke
11.1 CP piston
Hotcam 3
FCI intake
PCV
Ported head, with or without oversize valves
47mm throttle body
Full exhaust(which you probably already have).
yfz450 clutch fiber plates and heavier springs.
Cooling mods are Always a good idea too, like Cuervo's Early-on fan thermostat.
A bigger oil tank(another quart capacity) helps as well.

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
You took the engine out, so you have some tools and mechanical ability.
So, why not spend your extra money on some specialty tools(flywheel puller, clutch basket pliers, case splitter, etc) and learn how to do it yourself?
Members here and youtube videos can walk you through it all. With a little patience it's not a difficult process.
Then YOU built it.

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
6k for 80+hp from a shop would be pretty close to budget. If you can do the labor yourself, should be okay. If you can do the labor yourself and find some good deals, even better. I’m not sure what all you have or what all could be used.

Here’s what I would do with rough new pricing:
+6mm crank $1400
+2 head package $1500
54mm throttle body kit $750
105.5 cylinder $500
105.5 piston $300
Cases $750
Bearings, lock tabs, keys, oil pump, misc around $1000
Depending on what compression and fuel you chose, that would be solid 80-90+hp

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Build new motor, blow it up. repeat ;) I've lived the life of always wanting more power, it never ends well.
Unfortunately I know your right, it’s an addiction and I can’t help it. I’ll just cross my fingers and hope the quad doesn’t screw me again in the next year.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
6k for 80+hp from a shop would be pretty close to budget. If you can do the labor yourself, should be okay. If you can do the labor yourself and find some good deals, even better. I’m not sure what all you have or what all could be used.

Here’s what I would do with rough new pricing:
+6mm crank $1400
+2 head package $1500
54mm throttle body kit $750
105.5 cylinder $500
105.5 piston $300
Cases $750
Bearings, lock tabs, keys, oil pump, misc around $1000
Depending on what compression and fuel you chose, that would be solid 80-90+hp
That’s super helpful, thx

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
After watching a ton of ASG on YouTube. The swaps looks more than 6k. I’ve had my motor done twice now. Second time it got a crank and with labor I was about 2200. You can cut down on labor by pulling the motor yourself. Maybe contact a builder and ship them engine. I’ve thought of sending mine to Cuervo to build me a monster. But that’s on back burner for now. Did you throw the rod through cases? 700 complete motor on flea bay for 1k. Anyways you have a good budget, just fix it. The quad is worth nothing with no motor unless you part out. Good luck buddy 🍻
Thx for the input

·
Registered
29 Posts
60-65hp is easy and will last.
Stock bore and stroke
11.1 CP piston
Hotcam 3
FCI intake
PCV
Ported head, with or without oversize valves
47mm throttle body
Full exhaust(which you probably already have).
yfz450 clutch fiber plates and heavier springs.
Cooling mods are Always a good idea too, like Cuervo's Early-on fan thermostat.
A bigger oil tank(another quart capacity) helps as well.
What would this setup cost roughly? It sounds easy enough to do in the garage.

·
Super Moderator
9,029 Posts
It is my exact build, 68HP at 5000’ elevation. I can break cost down tomorrow if no one pops in. Fantastic feel when riding.

Reactions: Alamo and SnowCamo

·
Registered
29 Posts
It is my exact build, 68HP at 5000’ elevation. I can break cost down tomorrow if no one pops in. Fantastic feel when riding.
Would this setup do well with a +4 swing arm? I'm wondering if it'd be a wheelie machine or only when desired. Thanks

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
9,029 Posts
I am just running a stock swinger with Jogaca suspension. It’s a comfy couch, stays planted. It’s pretty rare I have the front come up as it is the way I have the suspension set up.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ok good deal. Sounds really comfy. I'll make note as the name comes up a lot. Thanks.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts