Raptor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 Raptor and it has been running like junk for awhile cause it needs to be rejetted bad. So my friend said he could fix it without rejetting and he stated to mess with the idle adjustment on the left side of the quad. Now I kept telling him its not gonna fix my problem but he races so he thinks he knows all but in fact he is an idiot cause the bike runs 100x's worse now. I've been riding it around turning the idle in all sort of variations but I cant get it to run the way it did anymore. Does anyone know the factory settings on it or anything that can help me. Its making me bog out in the middle rpm's and runs like junk and no matter what I try I cannont get it to run properly again. Thanks everyone in advance. :'(

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Start with the rejet that you say it needs, the 660 mod section has a sticky on carbs. Running a motor lean isn't good, rich can have issues too.

List any mods and some one here will be familliar with what jets are needed.
Setting the idle when it's running right will be easy.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Id say clean the carbs-jet them based on what mods ya have, set your idle mixture screws back to where they should be...maybe change the plug, and see how it runs.

·
Registered
77 Posts
What have you done to the bike as far as mods? Get a jet kit they are good for even stock bikes!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right now I am running a k&n with no lid and a pipe. It runs ok in very low rpm's and good in very high rpm's but everything in between is just horrible. It bogs and cuts out and of course gets worse the higher elevation I go but now it doesnt even run right at my house's elevation and it used to run perfect here. I am at about 1500-2000 feet but I do ride alot up north which is at about 4,000 so is there a good in between? What jets should I try?

·
Registered
176 Posts
If you havent re-jetted from stock..no wonder your bike runs like crap..lol. That dude is lean as shit... Mine wouldnt run at all without a lid and stock jets. Id say try 150/155 and 25 pilots (mikuni). 2.5 turns on your idle screws. See how that does.

·
Registered
735 Posts
may have got hot running lean like that...heat make things wear out faster, burns valves fries the rings...keep an eye on everything

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well im the second owner and the orignal owner said its been jetter before but who knows to what or even if he did. I dont know if I am capable of doing it myself but I am gonna give it a shot with the DIY from this site. I can work on cars so why not this. 8)

·
Registered
176 Posts
it was a whole lot easier than i thought...I never re-jetted anything but a BG or Holley before so you can do it. Just be careful cause the parts are a lot smaller...get some allen head screws for your bowls too. :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts