Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently brought a 650 with a Big Bore Kit put in it I've changed the Jets out to a 42 on the left in the 46 on the right and it idles high in the bowls are overflowing it's pouring fuel out of the drain tubes any suggestions

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
The float needle is probly bad or sticking causing fuel to continuously fill the carb bowl. As far as the jets, if you mean pilot jets those are way too big

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks any idea what Jets I should use because it seems to run better than it did it had 146and 152and it was cutting out mid throttle

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Recently brought a 650 with a Big Bore Kit put in it I've changed the Jets out to a 42 on the left in the 46 on the right and it idles high in the bowls are overflowing it's pouring fuel out of the drain tubes any suggestions
Ok thanks any idea what Jets I should use because it seems to run better than it did it had 146and 152and it was cutting out mid throttle
Ok so there are main jets AND pilot jets. In your first post you said the jets were 42 and 46. Now i assume after your second post you meant 142 and 146. Put a 146 in the left carb and 148 in the right carb if you dont use the airbox lid. Mid throttle hesitation is likely from carb needle, not jets. This is a tricky carb setup and we need to know everything about your quad to make accurate jetting recommendations. Intake? Exhaust? Full exhaust or just slip on? Elevation? Its not as simple as just setting yours up like someone else's....

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok I'll get back to you thanks really appreciate your time and knowledge on the situation bunches

1 - 6 of 6 Posts