Raptor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased 2004 660 this year, ran an idled fine for a few mounths. Resently it will not stay idled when choak is turned off. Turning the throttle scew to the highest throttle speed does keep it idling, but not smooth and steady. Also when im riding at top speed it sounds and responds well, but when i pull the clutch in to change gears it will stall unless I get right back on it. I dont know if the previous owner did any thing with the jets, it apears all stock. They did remove the spark arrester from the muffler. I cleaned the carb, but the bike was very dirty at the time. Im sure the valves have never been adjusted. Almost forgot to mention when i changed my plug it was a little white(running lean) any suggestions

·
Registered
130 Posts
If your bike has stock jets, it sound like not enough fuel is getting through the carb. That's probably why you're running lean. I would remove the carb and clean it again thoroughly. While you have the carb apart, check your jet size. Also, make sure your air filter is clean.

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
Start by turning the fuel screws in the bottom of the carb bodies out some. They should be between 1 and 3 turns out. Anything more and you should up the pilot jets.

check for a leak in your air intake.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.