Raptor Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to hear from the guru's on this. If money were not a consideration, what is the absolute best suspension available for the 700? Dunes would be the application. Put your thinking caps on...........

·
Registered
494 Posts
I think Gibson arms are just about bomb proof. They have uniballs rather than heims. They dont have as much adjustment as the Roll arms though.

For shocks, id say Custom Axis or Elka Elites.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Leagers pro-trax no doubt w/Elka dune edition's. Or for light weight fox float evol

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Laegers Pro Trax and Custom Axis

·
Registered
57 Posts
BJH, did you have a bad experience with Elka? You seem to not like them, just curious, cause they have worked flawless for me and I don't think customer service gets any better

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
bluebeast said:
BJH, did you have a bad experience with Elka? You seem to not like them, just curious, cause they have worked flawless for me and I don't think customer service gets any better
No not really. I think the upper end Elka Elites are nice but I believe Elka has gotten a little too big and their quality is starting to slip. If I spend that much money for suspension I don't want to have to send them back for re-valving. It's happened to one of my riding buddies and my brother in law. I've also read a lot of negative feedback in various forums. Your mileage may vary. When you have 50 people building shocks there is bound to be some issues.
I prefer to get suspension from the smaller hand built guys. Pep, Custom Axis, and TCS. In that order. If someone is looking for shocks in the medium to lower price range I would usually point them towards TCS. High price shocks? Pep or Custom Axis. Pep makes a GREAT shock but their lead times are horrific so I don't usually point anyone that way. For the under $1000 class you can't do better than TCS In my opinion. Just my .02

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. :thumbsup:Time will tell with my elka's

·
Registered
677 Posts
Roll, houser, laeger and walsh all make great stuff, but if you want a SIK, Long Travel, Max Clearance, adjustable castor and adjustable camber a-arm setup for a KILLER price these are the ticket. These have a perfect 2 - 1 leverage ratio. I sell these a-arms for $750.00 ........ They come complete and ready to install. I dont have any photos of them on a Raptor 700 yet, but here are some photos of them on a LTR450. I like and sell Fox shocks, but most of the time people have a tuff time setting them up right. I like TCS ..... they always come valved and sprung right and that combined with these a-arms will make for a plush ride.

WWW.FUELATV.COM

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I'm with fuel atv I never had anyone give me any negative remarks about tcs shocks. They come valved right!

Those a-arms do look nice.. Seems like Tom at atv four play came up with a great design a couple years ago.. Everyone has MGC series now.. lol

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I would get roll long travel arms with custom axis shocks.

·
Registered
677 Posts
If you are going to spend the money Max Clearance is the way to go. The guy who makes these a-arms for me has been making them for a few years now. I think Ars-fx is the originator. I like ATV fourplay and they make some good stuff, BUT their a-arms are not really max clearance IMO. If you look at them the front lower a-arm tube goes over the shock mount ..... so it looks max clearance, BUT the lower rear a-arm tube goes under the shock mount. So you have the rear a-arm tube hanging down lower then the front a-arm tube. I like the Houser silicast ...... but not many people are going to adjust the castor all the time. So i would save the money and go with a set with upper a-arm hiems.

WWW.FUELATV.COM

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Sweet set-up :thumbsup:

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.