Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my name is Alessio and I write from Italy, I would ask one thing.
I have a problem with ignition Raptor 660, the battery is good but the quad does not make any noise as you try to turn it on, with the picture turned on the headlights do not work while the arrows

·
Registered
167 Posts
Have you looked at the fuse by the battery? If the fuse is good clean all of the battery terminals and the terminals on the solenoid and make sure both grounds on the side case are grounded and clean.

·
Master of the Electron
15,552 Posts
Do any lights come on when you turn the key to ON? (neutral light when in neutral, reverse light when in reverse, temp light when you press the start button)

Are you saying that your headlights do not work when turned on via their switch, with the key switch ON?

·
Master of the Electron
15,552 Posts
You need to answer our questions in order to get our help.

That picture appears to be the fan circuit breaker - it should have nothing to do with your symptoms.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do any lights come on when you turn the key to ON? (neutral light when in neutral, reverse light when in reverse, temp light when you press the start button)

Are you saying that your headlights do not work when turned on via their switch, with the key switch ON?
ok then when you turn the key on the lights do not light, but the arrows light up.

·
Master of the Electron
15,552 Posts
Arrows? We have no arrows on US Raptors.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
ok then when you turn the key on the lights do not light, but the arrows light up.
Are you talking of the indicator lights, temperature, neutral and reverse............

·
Master of the Electron
15,552 Posts
Again, does the reverse light work properly when in reverse; does the neutral light work properly; does the temp light come on when you press the start button?

IF so, when you press the start button, does the neutral light dim out?

·
Registered
2 Posts
starter

hey i ihave a question my 01 660 i put new Solenoid checked fuse new battery but i have nothing on my starter button when u hit it the oil light just blinks but cross Solenoid over starts fine but its a hassle just seen where one of you metioned somthing about the oil light comming on do you know what the problem would be ? thanks

·
Master of the Electron
15,552 Posts
Do you hear a click when you press the start button? Does the reverse light work properly when in reverse?

Do you have a volt meter and know how to use it? We can walk you through a couple of measurements to find the problem.

BTW, it's the temperature light that comes on when you press the start button - there is no oil light.

·
Registered
2 Posts
no there was no click but after a lot of re wiring the prev owner done away with the 2 fueses and the stock plug in on the Starter Solenoid Relay all they were using was the the yellow wire, so i had a old wire harness and new relay put it back the way it was stock and still didnt work so i took a piece of wire and spliced into the red wire on relay and connected to the battery hot{+} and it started right up but wouldnt turn off with kill switch or key then i cut the wire i crossed over ant installed a toggle switch so now it works just have to switch the toggle on turn the key on and start it and flip the toggle back off and it works the way it should just hope no body can break through my fort cause it wouldnt be to hard to steal now lol. but if any suggestions on your behalf would be greatly appreatied thanks for the time.

·
Master of the Electron
15,552 Posts
The red wire should already be connected to the battery + through the 1 and only fuse used on the quad (the other fuse is a spare).

Jumpering from red to batt+ should not cause the bike to continue running - the key switch and run/stop switch should still be able to interrupt power to the CDI, turning the engine off.

You need to download the service manual from the top of this section and check your wiring against the diagram (last page of manual). You still have some things mis-wired.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts