Raptor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

As many of you know, i am building a ralllye raccing raptor. By now i hace the handlebars very crowded with the swith for the trailtech vector, the swith for the roadbook holder, hand savers...etc.

I will like to relocate the light/run-off/start swith to a dashboard i made that holds the switch for the aux fuel pump, led bar, road book holder lights.

Is it possbile to put an on of switch for the off run, a push button for the start and another swith for the light?

Im guessing lights and start are easy, but o am not sure about off/run, because i have read threads where people have had problems starting and runnind theyr rraptors due to a faulty switch.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
jean, are you good with wiring? In the end its all just switches and making sure which wire goes to what switch, but once you're inside the switch that will reveil itself. I wouldnt think this would be that difficult.
The start button would require a button switch or a spring loaded lever switch.

The Stop/Run would require a simple rocker/lever 2 position switch. I would lean towards the rocker personally for this one. Wouldnt want to take the chance of accidently bumping the lever into the stop position :p

The headlights would require a 3 position rocker switch of some kind, but with a moments worth of thought, why not put all lights on a 2 position switch? If running/building a dedicated rally quad I would think you'd want all the light possible on all the time when needed. Granted, I've never even come close to being in one so thats just a guess.

Also, in regards to the light switch, thats probably the only one I would like on handlebars. I cant imagine how hard you will be running but I know I wouldnt want to take a hand off the bars at those speeds in those conditions to try and hit 1 switch. JMHO.

I got faith in you! How about some pics of this bike. :D

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i am concerned about the amp rating on the off run switch, do you think anyone will work?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Kudos for attempting this build. I hope those nerf bars are strong enough and well supported to handle the pounding and weight of that fuel hanging out there.
Good luck with the project and keep us updated.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I have a dash that I added lights to but I am thinking it wouldnt be that hard to ad more stuff...

Hi,

As many of you know, i am building a ralllye raccing raptor. By now i hace the handlebars very crowded with the swith for the trailtech vector, the swith for the roadbook holder, hand savers...etc.

I will like to relocate the light/run-off/start swith to a dashboard i made that holds the switch for the aux fuel pump, led bar, road book holder lights.

Is it possbile to put an on of switch for the off run, a push button for the start and another swith for the light?

Im guessing lights and start are easy, but o am not sure about off/run, because i have read threads where people have had problems starting and runnind theyr rraptors due to a faulty switch.

Attachments

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kudos for attempting this build. I hope those nerf bars are strong enough and well supported to handle the pounding and weight of that fuel hanging out there.
Good luck with the project and keep us updated.
i can stand on both tanks and rock the bike and it holds

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
jean, that is SHIT HOT!! I'm impressed man, really impressed. I didnt even think about amp raiting on a switch. that would require some investigation and I dont want to just make something up. Good luck with it, I'll be sure to ask some friends who might know.

·
If it's too loud your too old
6,925 Posts
Jean as far as amp ratings on switches, The big HIDs I put on mine are on a 30 amp relay and all the switch does is trigger the relay ground so there is no amprage on the switch at all. this is the most fool proof way to wire high amprage components. Just make sure you use a good quality weather proof switch and a good relay the Hella relays work good.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts