Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody tried the dubak ignition module that is avalible on curtis sparks site? Does anybody else make ignition controlers for the 700s yet?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Whats a dubak ignition module?

Here's a cut and paste from SparksRacing.com website
http://tinyurl.com/ybavuy

Sparks Racing Dyna FS Ignition 2006-2007 Yamaha Raptor 700R
Dynatek has produced what they are calling a Piggyback Inductive Ignition. What that means to you is more power and better acceleration. The ignition timing is very poor as it comes stock from Yamaha, especially above 6000 rpm. This solves that problem significantly. Right now, the unit is in the prototype stage. We have one here being tested. So far, the gains are very impressive. There is not a time set on the release yet and no price set yet. As details become available, we update the site right away. You can not order this part yet.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I am faithfully waiting on the dyno jet ignition module. I am thinking it will be a damn fine setup....basing off what they have for the street bikes! It will blow the dubak out of the water. AND it just plugs right in to the PCIII :thumbsup:

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry it is a dynatek, anyways I am waiting for the PC3 addon also but starting to get restless.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
DrDsRaptor said:
Sorry to sound dumb but what will an aftermarket ignition module do or change???

Don't worry about how you sound, we have to ask questions to learn :thumbsup:
The ignition module will let you custom taylor your advance curve to your modifications. You can advance or retard the ign. timing at different RPM thru out the curve. You will have an ignition map for the curve like you have a fuel map for the fuel curve. This will unleash the true power potential for those of you with internal mods as well as those with just the basic 3 mods. With the power commander the beauty of it is that you will be able to get it dialed in at the same time as the fuel map if you opt for the custom dyno tune or as I understand it you can download a pre made performance map like the mod specific fuel maps 8)

·
Registered
123 Posts
so has anyone heard any for sure release dates on these?
im gonna have change to a pcIII. the downloadable fuel AND timing curves sound wayy too good to not be a part of. im sick of waiting

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Well if Sparks is testing it. I imagine it's not far from coming to market.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts