Raptor Forum banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Sadly yes. For the first one i know it was on a straight line since i felt something has hit my leg and I just checked if I still have phone and wallet on me. Since both were present I kept on going. Later I realised it was a handguard that hit me and I went back looking for it but didn't found it. Its all black so that may have something to do with it. For the second one I didn't even bother looking. My handlebar is pretty crowded since I have switch for lights and mirrors on it. That was the reason I decided to make holders on my own. If everything else fails I'll make another ones but much more robust. Just to be sure. I thought these would hold but apparently the stress was to high.
The mounts i got with them dont take up a whole lot of handle bar real estate. That sucks you lost them.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Not as nice as some of your guys...but she sure does haul ass :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,731 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
My 660, every bolt removed, fresh paint on the frame, replaced every bearing and bush, full engine rebuild over the winter, currently sat in a slouched heap in the shop whilst Jogaca works some magic on some YFZ shocks for me. When they come in, no more working on it, just riding! (Well, maybe just a cheeky beadlock/tire combo)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Perverts.

Since a lot of us are held up waiting on spring (I said a lot, and no if you live in Ocean Beach and are headed to Glamis I don't wanna know the temp), and there's some new blood with new bikes on here and of course there are those of us with "earlier models" I thought we could all post a pic or two.

If you're hibernating like me its an excuse to wipe the dust of, and if its your riding season its an excuse to wipe the dust off.

Here's my 06' "Bruiser." He ain't much to look at but man is he fun on the weekends (reminds me of this one girl....)

p.s. this isn't just for the 700's, I dig the 660's and the smaller rappies always make me grin. So like my second cousin told me almost 35 years ago, "your turn."
wow heavy duty lights !! I've thought of doing something similar. I like your set-up.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My lil girl is a work in progress. Added the led light bar, baked apart my headlights, added projectors, hids, halos and all sorts of custom fun. adding so blue accent lighting around the frame.. just got my PRM bumper and winch, need to make a bracket for it to mount... anddd i had that stupid issue with eth reverse rev limiter.. so i just grounded that and now no more backfiring.. about to rejet it this weekend and start putting it back together.. orrrr order my new a-arms and just get that over with b4 i put everything back on... hmmm also prepping my summer rims to paint them orange... got my orange nerf bar nets, orange hand guards and grips... So much to dooo :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
My lil girl is a work in progress. Added the led light bar, baked apart my headlights, added projectors, hids, halos and all sorts of custom fun. adding so blue accent lighting around the frame.. just got my PRM bumper and winch, need to make a bracket for it to mount... anddd i had that stupid issue with eth reverse rev limiter.. so i just grounded that and now no more backfiring.. about to rejet it this weekend and start putting it back together.. orrrr order my new a-arms and just get that over with b4 i put everything back on... hmmm also prepping my summer rims to paint them orange... got my orange nerf bar nets, orange hand guards and grips... So much to dooo :)
Blue and orange is it a high school or college team or you just like that combo?

·
Registered
811 Posts
HID HID HID which ones did you use? I've been on investigation for 'em for a month now. What had to be done to the lights to fit them? Do they have high/low beam?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
wow heavy duty lights !! I've thought of doing something similar. I like your set-up.

Thanks, I have a hid kit in the stock location as well, although I'm not really impressed with them. Lotsa guys like em, but this was my first experience with an hid kit and I'm sick of tinkering with it.
Middle light is a rigid industries, they aren't cheap but they are tuff as hell
. The two little ones are off Amazon, I think they where under 40 for the pair, and are a huge help.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had a bunch of 35watt HID kits laying around from car mods. My projector lens is a bi xenon so it has the metal flap inside that opens and closes. You wire that to the highbeam wire and then when it gets power, the flap goes down and lets all light out of the projector. You cant really put HIDs in the stock light because it will be highbeams 24/7.. they do make high/low hids but they are way more expensive because they have a shield around the bulb.. but these are still designed for a projector lens.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Blue and orange is it a high school or college team or you just like that combo?
I got the Hyundai Veloster in blue and figured the orange is a great contrasting color, so i painted the skirt peices orange... then got the rapter in blue to match...get it.. Veloster Raptor lol then put a tow hitch on the car and now have my Veloster Raptor blue n orange convoy

·
Super Moderator
7,786 Posts
Question concerning the veloster.. We are out in Florida and when we were opting for rental cars, the wife liked that one but with 4 of us and that being only a 3 door I chose the Dodge Dart, which is not a bad car I must say, but.... How fun is that Veloster to drive sporty wise? Looked like something I would get if it was just me, wife and the daughter.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Question concerning the veloster.. We are out in Florida and when we were opting for rental cars, the wife liked that one but with 4 of us and that being only a 3 door I chose the Dodge Dart, which is not a bad car I must say, but.... How fun is that Veloster to drive sporty wise? Looked like something I would get if it was just me, wife and the daughter.
Its a fun zippy car, def has some major turbo lag.. if you try pulling out into traffic it lags and ur like ahhh goooo we are going to get hit!! then it just peels out like an idiot... haha Another weird thing about it, is its transmission.. its super jerky.. you would swear you were driving a standard (if you have the automatic like i do) Some times when you start driving it bucks a little like ur releasing a clutch badly then it goes.. sooo weird to get use to...sometimes it acts like its about to stall out.. it also rolls back on hills and stuff. But it pulls my trailer and rapter just fine.. i was worried because the transmission is weird.. but it doesn't struggle at all.. (its a lease anyways lol) All and all its a fun car, kinda like a little go cart :)

·
Registered
579 Posts
My 01 that sat 13 years before I got it all stock. Planing on +4 swinger by end of the season (I have plus already ad it's no longer then my 450r) with larger motor either 686-719 motor + yz426f rekluse semi autoclutch i'd like to do for the woods and coal hills.

Attachments

·
Registered
694 Posts
My 01 that sat 13 years before I got it all stock. Planing on +4 swinger by end of the season (I have plus already ad it's no longer then my 450r) with larger motor either 686-719 motor + yz426f rekluse semi autoclutch i'd like to do for the woods and coal hills.
I love the Rekluse Clutch but I have not found that they make one for the Raptor... mostly dirt bikes.
Did you find a source?

·
Registered
579 Posts
I love the Rekluse Clutch but I have not found that they make one for the Raptor... mostly dirt bikes.
Did you find a source?
They don't make one. You just use yz400-yz426-yz450 insides and go about your day. Only thing they do bad is made the bike free wheel like a 2stroke.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts