Raptor Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to spend the day riding all over the trials, and in a tshirt. :crazy:

i hate winter :mad:

·
Registered
767 Posts
Don't let winter stop you. :confused: I've logged over 50hrs in the snow so far this winter. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Diddly said:
Don't let winter stop you. :confused: I've logged over 50hrs in the snow so far this winter. :thumbsup:
well we just got 36" so that stops me when i was trying to go through it :lol:

but i shovled a path from the shed to the drive way just to get it out so i can go on the road and mess around since it was slippery.

soo i got to play with it a little on the road, but it was durring the storm (where we got 36") and i only have an open mask helmet and the ice that was mixed in was wacking me :lol:

·
Registered
261 Posts
SIC said:
I just want to spend the day riding all over the trials, and in a tshirt. :crazy:

Dude I feel your pain... this winter has been too cold and too long. Today it was 60 here but I had the flu all weekend. *sigh* Thus, no riding... but I did make it out today to pick up a set of new ramps. Oh well... I work tomorrow and then have the rest of the week off so I'll get some time in! Darn thing only has about 30 minutes on it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
it's finally warming up here! it was about 25 degrees today!

about a week ago the highs were in the single digits and we got down to like 15 below...that was cold!

i'm ready for shorts and t-shirt tho, i'm ready for the race season to end

·
Registered
365 Posts
I want to leave Los Angeles because of all the :mad: traffic but you can't beat the weather. What to do? Great riding year round. Sorry about the snow guys.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I'm not trying to be a jerk but I live in So.Cal.. I went to Johnson Valley Saturday and rode in shorts and a t-shirt. It was about 80 degrees. But its pooring today, so oh well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ya imma hafta agree with DJG here. Im in El Paso and i rode all saturday and half of sunday. it was awesome out but sunday apparently it was too nice bc the dunes and trails were all packed with about a billion people from dirtbikes to buggies and just kids walking arround getting in the blind corners of the trails. :mad: oh well a good weekend, got about 8 hours. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
273 Posts
just kids walking arround getting in the blind corners of the trails. :mad: oh well a good weekend, got about 8 hours. :thumbsup:
[/quote]

I hate when kids do that, I would never let mine walk around in the middle of the dunes. Thats okay East coasters when its 120 degrees here in July and Augast I won't be riding much. :(

·
Registered
13,279 Posts
I was at ocotillo wells all weekend long, it was so stinkin hot, but it was nice to put a ton on hours on my quad. Thank God I got the riding pants that can zip down to shorts. Sorry its cold for some of you guys, sounds like you need to make a winter trip out this way.

·
Registered
94 Posts
time to move to fla, where its warm. cinci ,oh is too f'ing cold right now. went trail riding the other day in 10 degree's and going at 25-40 mph in the snow was like -30. but after the first five minutes body went numb and had a blast.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Ive been riding this winter a lot, Except now I cant. I was doing wheelies yesterday across the ice and hit a bump, somehow flipped over the handlebars, got ran over by the quad, and managed so break the rear sub-frame in 3 places. first i thought I broke the rear grab bar because i tend to do that but since i bought a prm it held up. so now i cant ride till i get it, :mad:

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
SIC said:

I feel your pain bro, I just got back from Daytona.........Maybe I shoulda stayed there until spring.. :(

ETA-It was 0 degrees here this morning.. :confused:

·
Registered
130 Posts
i got tired of not riding so i bought a 03 arctic cat 900 sled i have not rode my raptor in 3 months but i am going to the dunes this weekend.

G

·
DENNERT said:
time to move to fla, where its warm. cinci ,oh is too f'ing cold right now. went trail riding the other day in 10 degree's and going at 25-40 mph in the snow was like -30. but after the first five minutes body went numb and had a blast.
Don't know how cold it is going to get in Fla, but it is supposed to freeze over this week.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Winter is the time I like to ride since it can get to 115 here in the summer. We went riding saturday and it was about 80 degrees and I was sweating already. :crazy:

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I don't think we've had more than three consecutive days without some form of wet since November where I live in Washington state. And the soil is so unstable in some areas that I'm kinda scared to go out riding in the woods anyway. Hell - the freakin' mountain (Mount Rainier) was closed ... an entire national park!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts