Raptor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be removeing my head to take to macine shop and had a few questions. I work on a pos half screen in porch that gets 3/4 wet when it rains and blows wind. I will be tareing my top half apart and it may rain or be very humid out side dureing the project. What do I do about sealing the engine to keep water/humid out of it. Of course I wont be working in rain but if it starts raining I will cover the atv with a tarp but what about the engine it self?

How important is it to seal the exhust holes and intake hole to keep humid out? I be takeing off my carb soon and my headers so i will need to cover them to keep any rain or humid from seaping in right? How can i seal them off ? Pieace plastic taped over the holes?

Please advise before I start working. I dont want the weather to ruin my engine. I know its best to work in dry conditions but im not sure when this stop and go rain will go away and i need to work inbetween it so i can get back on the trails before winter. Please advise on how to seal and protect engine from rain and moisture

·
Registered
22,016 Posts
Re: Im going to be tearing my top half down but what about weather and rain?

It depends on how long it's going to be down.

If you are going to have it down for an extended period of time, I would advise you to seal it up pretty good. If it's for just a few days, I would still seal anything deemed to be delicate, and keep away from any moisture. You could seal the holes with a heavy plastic wrap. Wrap the sensitive areas in plastic, and use a a large band or tape to secure it in place.

Good luck on your project!

:thumbsup:

~Brian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts