Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, been on here for a little while. . . researching. . . etc. The Wife's got a Raptor 700 but, I finally broke down and sold my DS650 (bored/stroked to 760) and will be picking up a new 700 this weekend (if it shows up at the dealer.)

Going with the Blue LE.

I've thought a lot about this bike. I know I'll do the three mods. Was thinking I would do the porting, +1 valves, mild cam, 11:1 piston, 105.5 bore and +4 stroke but, I'm getting second thoughts. Thinking if anything I'll do the bore and head work. I don't need to be the fastest. . . just want to be able to win most of the time. Up in the air on it all.

For the three-mods. . . liking the Barker dual in-frames, PCIII, and either the Vortex or ProDesign with K&N.

I hit sand all the time and dune on the big hills so, I do like the extra power to climb.

Tires. . . gonna need a good set-up for drags but, durable for duning. . . Haulers for sure. . . just not 100% on the size. What size fronts should I go with? I think I'll go with the off-set fronts to widen it up just a little.

I know this is gonna sound crazy after all of this. . . I don't want to go crazy on this bike like I did my last one. . . I know. . . already sound crazy. . . Anyways, I want a strong duner but, not going to sink too much into this thing. . . well, nothing like the last one.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mohawks - light as possible but, durable.

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
If you can find them they have a style that is buffed bead to bead. Rocky Mountain May have them and this will help you keep the tire light. Get the 21x7x10 not sure if you could even find something different.

·
Registered
511 Posts
go with this and you will have 1 of the fastest on the hill.

je 12.5:1 stock bore piston
web billet cam stage 3
valve springs
valve guids
oversize valves
port and polish
bigger injector
barkers
that alone should put you over 60hp at the wheels.

faster than most banshees except race which you wont loose by much and if you take them through whoops then yo u can win.
approx price is about 2800 total spend it now and u wont be disappointed.

Capt.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info on the tires. . .

Hopefully I can pick it up Saturday.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The new bike is HOME!!!

Blue and White 07 LE. . . Very excited. Could barely drive as I was looking in the rear-view mirror at it the whole drive home!

Time to modify!!! ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts