Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just pick up a 2011 Raptor 700r from reading over the forum my first upgrade will be FCI intake, DMC dual force 4, PC5,and HC2. i mostly tail and ride around with friends on weekends. IS there anything else i should do???????

·
THE SAND DUNES HAVE RULES ----- "Follow Them"-
732 Posts
Welcome to the forums, Don't forget good safety wear for your body. Can't have fun on your new Raptor if you get hurt. Have fun. 8)

·
Registered
728 Posts
I did a hc2 on my first 700. I saw some gains but a 11:1 piston with that cam works pretty good. I don't know how far your willing to go with your project, but you would be happy with that setup for sure.

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
I have the 14 degree flexx bars and I like the ergonomics. If you're going to get a set of adapters for the larger bar diameter I'd get a set that provides a rise, especially if you're taller.

·
Registered
203 Posts
If you decided to get an extended anti vibe stem instead, consider the Precision Shock & Vibe clamps. Ive ridden a bunch of xc with both set ups and I find the Precision clamp with a good set of Tags superior....all IMHO of course.

·
Registered
100 Posts
just ride it stock for a few months, then do the big 3 that you mentioned,if ya want a lil more do the hc3 and 11.5 tec and you will have yerself a good runner

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
I'm like 5'8" or so, and have the Flexx bars in 14 degree, QuadRacer bend. I love them, I have a 1.5" riser and a 0.75" riser under it. Going to swap out the 1.5" riser for a +2" steering stem.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'm thinking about doing the big 3 and hc3 , 11.5 all at once
Yup, good idea. It's the setup I just completed and it's definitely a very perky ride. Hard to go wrong with that if you're not outright dragging.

Also I've seen a few others talking about an extended stem. It's a really good comfort mod. At your height I'm bettn +1 or +1.5 would prolly getcha pretty comfy. And....no kidding. If you're gonna go there, look at Precision's shock & vibe clamp with some good fat bars. A LOT of xc pros have switched out from the formerly "best" Flexx bars. That clamp will also add 1/2" in bar height. At 5'11" I run it on a + 1 1/2 stem. Any higher for me would almost be ape hangish.....

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
i just pick up a 2011 Raptor 700r from reading over the forum my first upgrade will be FCI intake, DMC dual force 4, PC5,and HC2. i mostly tail and ride around with friends on weekends. IS there anything else i should do???????
i like to ride tails too :grin_nod:. not with my friends though...
i would focus on suspension 1st. not sure if thats been said yet or not

1 - 20 of 22 Posts