Raptor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 05 YFZ450!!!!!

I rode a 05 Raptor with plenty of mods before. Today we were at a large swap meet and I saw the yfzfor sale. I saw one earlier same year and color for $4200. I asked how much and the guy said $2200. I almost shat my pants, and attempted to keep a straight face. I looked it over, had obviously been rolled once or twice as there were scratches on all edges of the fenders. The grab bar was above the rear plastic, obviously someone had been riding wheelies a little too high. I asked him to fire it up and he said battery was dead. We pushed started it and started after 4 tries since the compression was so high. Sounded great and loud. Pretty sure it came with a spark arrestor stock but it didnt have one so it was loud. Rode it for a minute and didnt even get out of second and almost shat myself again. So $2200 it was.

Got her home and rode around for a bit and I think i did shit myself. This thing is a beast!!!!! Still didnt even get to top of second either.

It has its small issues, such as levers and bolts ,small carb tuning and scratches but I love it!!! :wootwoot: :wootwoot: :wootwoot: :wootwoot: :wootwoot: :wootwoot: :wootwoot: :wootwoot: :wootwoot: :wootwoot: :wootwoot: :wootwoot: :wootwoot: :wootwoot: :wootwoot: :wootwoot: :wootwoot: :wootwoot: :wootwoot: :wootwoot: :wootwoot: :wootwoot: :wootwoot: :wootwoot: :wootwoot: :wootwoot: :wootwoot: :wootwoot: :wootwoot: :wootwoot: :wootwoot: :wootwoot: :wootwoot: :wootwoot: :wootwoot: :wootwoot:

Anyone want to buy a Raptor 350?

·
RF Moderating Team Member / Wheelie Master
4,326 Posts
The new owner will boot you shortly. BYE :wave:

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
700yellowraptor said:
The new owner will boot you shortly. BYE :wave:
I wouldnt doubt it :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also my Dad took the 350 so its his. The YFZ is mine. He can sell the Raptor for more and make money off of it since he paid the money for the YFZ. Some of the money that gets is going towards safety stuff too, which I already have picked out.

Nerf bars with heel guards
bumper
kill switch

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
that thing isn't stolen is it? :confused: you said you got it at a swap meet. i would check into that. :lol:

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
warren said:
that thing isn't stolen is it? :confused: you said you got it at a swap meet. i would check into that. :lol:
Not sure actually. The guy owns a HUGE dealership and said he had the title just not with him. He had a trailer full of stuff already sent back to the dealer and the yfz would probably not fit on the next trailer as he had other stuff to load up too.

·
Registered
350 Posts
yeah, just to be sure ide get the vin and call your state police with it and have them run it through their database, its probably good, but just think a year down the road after u dump tons of money into it, then it gets taken from you because it was hot all along, that would be a huge kick in the nuts. congrats though :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
finally. :p get some pics man. and congrats :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
JimJim660R said:
another raptor 350 owner seeing the light :lol:
i started the revolution 8)

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
I wouldnt check if it was stolen cause if it is you will lose the bike and never see you money again.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I freakin love this thing!!!! I was so excited I forgot to take pics. I'll take some pics tommorrow if I remember :lol:.

The guy owns a large dealership. If it is stolen the state takes it and we sue him for the money or for a new one.

I cleared the carb out and went through it. The bogging and other crap im not sure what it was. I put the petcock on reserve and all the problems went away. I'm going to get a pengle petcock and hopefully that resolves all future issues.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts