Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have checked my quad and rechecked it but im still lost i cant find out y my quad dies on me after bout 10 min of riding i let of the gas or pull in the clutch to down shit and it just dies but why :3question: :3question: :help: :help: :help: im going nuts :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but y would it do it when im even riding it... it will die on me when im racing on the mx track after i land..

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no there is no dyno close to me

·
Registered
394 Posts
Sounds like you've either picked up trash in the fuel tank or your idle is not set correctly. I would check your mappings first, it that doesn't fix it I would empty the tank, rinse it with some fresh gas and a little gas treatment, shake it up real good then dump it out and put it back on. If that doesn't fix it you may want to also check your fuel line.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i took my tank off and got every last drop out and let it dry out then i put bout a 1/4 gal and then dumped that out n put new gas in it but yeah fuel line may have shit in it also

·
2008 SMX Series Champion HO
2,679 Posts
Sometimes w/ all the jumping and washing the ECU connection can come loose, happened to me once....under the seat, left side of Air Box about 4 inches long and 1 inch wide, just unplug and reconnect if your up to it, worked for me.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh trust me im trying everything doesnt matter wat it is i can tear my quad down to frame in a hr so ill check that out but also wat can i put in the tank to clean it out????? maybe???? and i think they should have came with a fuel filter

·
2,679 Posts
How many hours are on this thing ? Engine light on ? Sounds possesed

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
um there is about 15 hrs on it since the rebuild but i just went out there and i checked over everything and now it will only idle and when i give it gas is dies or pop a back fire from the intake

·
2,679 Posts
What exhaust and intake do you have and what programmer and map are you running. Could be way way way to lean and it's fouling the plug, if you too lean you can tape off half of the filter and this will help out.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
tape off halp the filter?????? i have the pro design intake with k&n filter the full system rs7 exhaust n i have the dyno jet pcIII

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok it didnt make a difference but even when i try and give it gas now it dies

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Still curious about map lol

Are you running the same map as you did before your build?

Only other thing I think of is make sure you have a good connectio were the fuel injection connects to the motor. I saw a guys come loose after a jump and it acted alot like that till we got it tightened back up and put a new plug in it. Maybe you didnt get it back on good after the build and its worked it self off more and is sucking air in. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
234 Posts
once i was racing at a mx track and a couple times my raptor died when i landed from a jump, that pissed me off :mad: , but thats the only time it did it, runs perfect when im just trail riding and what not

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well get this shit the conector that dyno jet pcIII comes with is for like a 20 gauge with and the harness on the rapor is all 16 so yeah it ended up cutting the wire slowly and slowly and i pulled everything off my quad just now and found that wrong with it so i hope that was my only problem

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.