Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, remember how I lengthened my swing arm? Now I need to move the front skid mounting holes back to make up for it.

Those inserts that the bolts thread into aren't listed in the factory parts views. I ordered a couple of rivets that I though were what I needed but they ended up being the wrong part (and now that I look at the exploded diagram, it's obvious that they're the wrong parts LOL).

Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
You cant buy them, they are sold with OEM swingarm. Just do like Dan said and have them weld nuts on or drill and tap swingarm.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I was trying to avoid taking it all back apart though. And the material is too thin to tap.

Do you guys think these inserts would pop out? Does anyone know how they hold on to the material of the swingarm?

I'm wondering if there's some way I can pop out the inserts that I already have and then re-use them...

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I did more looking, found these, nutserts. They install like a rivet using a simmilar tool. They flair out and grab whatever there stuck thru. Doupt you'd be able to swap them to other holes.

Google "nutsert" you'll endup with a bunch of hits.
PP aren't you in Rockford IL? Call Nicholson's hardware they may have them, I wouldn't hold my breath but they have some odd items.

http://www.imperialinc.com/grp270.shtml

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
firstraptor said:
PP aren't you in Rockford IL? Call Nicholson's hardware they may have them, I wouldn't hold my breath but they have some odd items.

http://www.imperialinc.com/grp270.shtml
Too funny. I grew up near Rockford, and Nicholson's is legendary. My dad still talks about them sometimes and we have lived in Colorado for 20 years. If Nicholson's doesn't have them, they will know who does. And FWIW, the nutserts are the perfect answer for this, they are what is used to hold the side mirrors on many cars/trucks... so they work in sheetmetal, they should be fine in your swingarm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.